Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Goloin
Fire Beetle

Default Could not reach webserver

I have been trying to load up EqEmu for about 30 min now and cannot get the server list to load, I have not changed anything or done anything on my computer since my last login. Keeps saying Could not reach webserver. Trying again in 10 seconds, then tries loading server list again, in an endless cycle.
I have searched on the forums with no real luck on a cause or solution. I am running windows 7
*EDIT*
As soon as i clicked post on the thread, the server list loaded up, and it appears all my settings have been erased as I had to select my game path and folder again as well as re check run with 1 cpu. After selecting my options again, server list would not load up again. And after a few minutes of waiting I came upon an error saying "Error while updating...Could not find the file (path to my eqemu folder) with a file of 787.xml
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 PM
munkeyxis
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Same-ish problem

I'm getting this message and it attempts to connect again every 10 seconds. Last time I attempted to log on was on sunday. I haven't had any problems in the past. But sunday evening I DID change my computer to use a static IP instead of a dynamic IP. Could this have caused some kind of problem with EQemu connecting to the server?

I haven't experienced the extent of the problems OP listed but I too am unable to reach the webserver.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Valdarin
Fire Beetle

I'm also having a problem connecting, saying the exact same thing, could not reach webserver...I went as far as to reinstall the eqemulator minilauncher to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
*EDIT* RESOLUTION: I resolved this error by going into my sony - everquest file and making a shortcut to the eqgame.exe, then go into properties, and on the "Target" line, after the quotation marks, put a space and type patchme OR patchme-w. This should bypass the minilauncher for now and will allow you to login to the servers.

Last edited by Valdarin; 12-19-2012 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Found out how to resolve the issue.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarin View Post
I'm also having a problem connecting, saying the exact same thing, could not reach webserver...I went as far as to reinstall the eqemulator minilauncher to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
*EDIT* RESOLUTION: I resolved this error by going into my sony - everquest file and making a shortcut to the eqgame.exe, then go into properties, and on the "Target" line, after the quotation marks, put a space and type patchme OR patchme-w. This should bypass the minilauncher for now and will allow you to login to the servers.

You're going about things the hard way. Replying to a two year old post now this. I don't normally jump on an individual, but, wow man.. you may want to upgrade your internetz, it's lagging by a few years.

Glad you resolved the 'problem' though, enjoy the servers -- many individuals have put a great deal of time, sweat, tears and hot pockets into both EQEMU and the servers being run using it.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 AM
RavenAmazing
Fire Beetle

Interesting...

First, thank you for the Emulator. I am new to EQ and I want you to know that your efforts allowing me to play are appreciated.

I am also having this same issue. It started Sunday night. It took 30 minutes for the server list to load. Tonight was the same thing. I have changed nothing since the initial install with the exception of Duxas UI was added last week. There were no problems with that install or server issues. Sunday night was the first instance.

Thx for reading
Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Remo88
Fire Beetle

Having the same problem here..Green new, never played, just installed the Titanium Version and now waiting for EQemu to work
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The launcher isn't something that is supported here. If it was recommended for use to connect to a particular server you would probably get more help at their forums or from the developer of the launcher directly.

As you've discovered, and as is described in the play guide, you don;t need the launcher to play on the emu.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Uleat
Developer

maybe he was on a 150 baud modem

Compilin' Dirty