Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM
lear
Fire Beetle

Default EQOA Emulated Server?

Hi guys, I've been hoping someone would eventually get into working on a emulated server of EverQuest Online Adventures: Frontiers, but it appears that no one is interested anymore.

It's a console game for the PS2, I've been using a PS2 emulator and have been able to run it on my PC on the official sony server, but I am unsure as to where to start for creating an emulated server. The ps2 emulator seems to show packets obtained while playing the game, and I'm assuming that it being on the PC would make it easier to collect packets than being on a console. Could anyone point me in the correct direction? If anyone could point me in a direction as to where I could start learning how to compile a server, it would be tremendously appreciated!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 AM
steve
Discordant

Mind posting the PS2 emulator and stuff you used to get it working on the computer?

I'd like to try playing the game again, but have no idea what I did with the network adapter for the PS2.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
bfimbel
Fire Beetle

I am glad someone else is thinking about this. I played Ever Quest for the first time when I was 13 but never got into it as much as EQOA. I have been looking around and some people have been extracting packets but everything seems to stop there.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM
bonbon101
Fire Beetle

Let's do this shiznit. I have a hub. A ps2. EQOA disks. Can run EQOA on my computer. I have multiple NICs laying around. And Multiple computers. I have networking knowledge (CCNA training). I know how to packet sniff. I know VB well, C# a little, C/C++ not much at all. College will teach me eventually, if I don't teach myself first.

I have Fronts and Prefronts copied to my computer.

So yeah. Let's get goin'! Where do I begin?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I definitely like this idea. I've always wanted to give that game a shot and an emulator version would be great
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Ayrica
Fire Beetle

I would definitely be interested in this. I always thought Sony's content sucked, and with a private server, you could make your own raids/quests/etc. Keep me posted!

BTW, any idea who this is?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 AM
trevius
Developer

I don't think anything has ever been done on an EQOA emulator, and the chances it ever will are extremely low. It would take a huge amount of work and would require a large amount of data collected while playing on an SOE hosted EQOA server and/or much information from the client itself. Not trying to spoil anyone's dreams here, but an EQOA Emulator will never happen.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
bonbon101
Fire Beetle

I've got time. I'm unemployed, living at home, and only taking 1 class/week. I have an active EQOA account. I just need some guidance.

Though I'm not very optimistic about it ever coming to fruition, I just want to try for the fun of it.

I can emulate EQOA on my computer, so would that make it any easier to collect the data?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

go for it man, but I really doubt it would work out considering the player would probably have to burn a modified image of the game and have a modded ps2 to play the burned copy. If they have to use an emulator to play it then whats the point when you have regular EQ which is light years better?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
bonbon101
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Wolf View Post
... whats the point when you have regular EQ which is light years better?
Is it really? Kinda douchy to say.

Either way, that is subjective and so you are not correct. There will always be people who think EQOA is better than EQ. Keyboards and mice are gay when it comes to playing video games (for nearly all types).

Don't agree with my last statement? Well now I'm as uncorrect as you.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

join me on my dreamcast Quake III team arena server with your " controller " and I will use my keyboard/mouse combo, see who racks up teh most kills......lol

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
bonbon101
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
join me on my dreamcast Quake III team arena server with your " controller " and I will use my keyboard/mouse combo, see who racks up teh most kills......lol
Haters gonna hate..