Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
link2009
Sarnak

I feel like such a noob but I can't export the module...can you please give me a few instructions?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Nevermind, I did it, thanks a lot.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:54 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Well, after countless hours of reading through the source, I have not yet been able to make the LoginServer function :(. Any programmers here want to help?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:22 PM
link2009
Sarnak

Doesn't ANYBODY care about EQ2? :'(.

Can I at least buy www.eqemulator2.net and re-start this great project?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Default I care!

I care, I just don't have any C++ skills. I would love an EQ2emu. Also, I don't have a live account. I wouldn't even know where to start.

EQ2 is really pretty and I like how the tradeskills are integrated. I do wish more people who knew how to program in C++ and had a general idea how it worked would jump in.

As for me, it'll be some time before I can help. (I plan to take classes in programming at main campus)

P.S. While www.eqemulator2.net is an offical name. Ever think to reg www.EQ2emu.net so people could type it in faster? Then later you could buy www.eqemulator2.net when it times out and set up a redirect.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:34 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

If EQ2 emulator was out, I would likely be tormenting their site admin rather than Mattmeck. But alas, here we are...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Kayot
Discordant

I need to learn C++ (Or C#). It would be fun to pioneer a new EMU project. I'll call back to this in a few quarters.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
link2009
Sarnak

I already have a server, so as long as I can speak and agree with a team of 2-6 individuals, I plan to create this EqEmu2 website and move all discussions there.

I bet we could get more info EQ2-related than on this site. code snippers, injections, packet sniffers etc... all EQ2 related...

So who's in?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Knightofteirdal
Fire Beetle

Hey folks EQ2Emu mod to the stars Aaden Here, DONT TRY TO START A EQ2EMU!! You will get nowhere as far as where we were when LE was shipped off to Afghanistan. You guys seriously just need to wait it out until he gets back and we can straighten things out. Also you guys wouldnt be able to comprehend the immense knowledge it took to get the early versions out. We had alot of help from people within the mmo industry on what to look for in the code and general structure of how each client works etc. So please, just wait it out and save your self the hours of going wtf. Also eq2emulator.net is down because its hosted at krushers and Rogean hasnt had a chance to bring it back up yet. So yeah chill.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
link2009
Sarnak

@Knight:

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this, but there are numerous World of Warcraft emulators that use completely different routines to emulate the server in terms of algorithms and network code. I believe that the more people work on an emulator, the more will be exploited and easier ways to do things will be found. I doubt Professional C++ Programmers and Network Analysts will say 'WTF?'.

So, as a conclusion, I'd rather not 'chill', but I'd rather broaden my horizons and absorb all that knowledge you say you've absorbed by creating this ALPHA-emulator.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Knightofteirdal
Fire Beetle

I know that and most of the WoW ones that are out there are horrid and have extreme stability issues. Im merely stating that in the time it would take you to get a stable alpha out eq2emu would already be revived by le.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM
mattmeck

For those that dont know LE isnt deployed anymore, hasnt been for a while, he is now stationed in Europe.

Dont wait on him...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Kayot
Discordant

What is the new EQ2emu going to be programmed in?

Old 02-18-2007, 06:13 AM
link2009
Sarnak

So, apparently LE (the creator of the EQ2 emulator, has left). With all due respect and no offense, I can just say that the EQ2 Emulator project will be on hold forever and nothing will get done if we just wait. If a lot of people really want an EQ2 emulator then we should start making one.

I presume it will be re-written in C++, as it's the easiest way to program Network Code.

So, now we'll just have to wait a while, for a website, a team and possibly, in a few months, an emulator :P. I'll see about that website.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Kayot
Discordant

Default I'll sort of join...

Well, in two quarters I'll be taking C# and C++ classes. While not the best way to learn, it will kick start me. And by that point my EQemu Editor should be finished so I'll attempt to join the team, only one thing though. I'm a broke college student so we need people who will play the game and get the call codes and packets ^-^. I might be able to get an account, but food and electric comes before Online games, and toilet paper.