Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Default MySQL Error 1064

Need some input here from the Linux gurus. I decided I would switch my server to Debian 5.0.3 and did a fresh load and on sourcing the latest database I get the following error:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Everything looks normal up until this. I have MySQL 5.0.51a-24+lenny2 loaded. Is this a problem with this particular version of MySQL? Any advise on correcting this would be appreciated. Thanks! PS - I did do some forum searching but didn't find anything.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Is that the only thing it says? Usually it shows you part of the SQL query too. Without that, it's hard to say what's wrong.

Did you check MySQL's docs for what that error code means? If it's like most error codes, it's completely useless ... but you never know
Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

That was all that it said. After hours of doing searches not finding anything relevant, I decided to re-download the database and it sourced without any problem. I must have gotten a bad download or something.