Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:31 PM
belvino
Fire Beetle

Default Akkadius Server Questions. Expansion. Item Edit. pet race.

Hey guys. I'm running Akkadius server and Loving it. I'm new to editing servers and have a couple questions.

1. I saw on the page where you click for the installer that the server is setup for Omens expansion. I see Crescent Reach is working and you can start characters there. Also notice you can do to zones that are much later then indicated (I assume because i am using Rain of Fear client.)
Question is what is actually available? I see mobs in the database and some loot is still there as well. Is it just quest conversations and small data missing like that? Will the instance raid zones still work or is that created in the DB that we install?

2. I was trying to make small changes to Items such as classes that can equip. For instance I want to make the Mask of Deception to all Classes. Under the Items section in PEQ I added up the classes and edited it at this table and nothing changed. Is there another area in the Database i need to make a change? I've haven't tried the custom item builders i've seen on the forums yet just wanted to make a simple change.

3. I was gonna do something neat and change the the pet to Named mobs like Grummus etc. I looked up the race listed for said creature and the pet turned out human. Is there more to just changing the race?

Thanks in advance for any help. I installed this server a week ago and been cracking out on it for a week.

Also is anyone has a DB or knows where to get a DB with more content added that be awesome.

I installed this to experience vanilla and see what raids i could MQ. I quit playing live several years ago and missed a lot of progression in some the expansion to just get rushed to raid mobs.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:33 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

1. The content is fully completed as - fully works up to including OoW. Anything past that is chaos - mobs maybe placed, maybe not, loot maybe not present, spells don't exist etc. Quests, instances etc, all will still needed to be codded in.

2. It should work. Did edited right item? did you add up classes correctly? did your restarted the server?

3. Some models are Global - work in all zones, others are local - work only ins specific zones. You can add extra models to specific zones or make them global. Some models are very tricky to make global. See this thread here for tricks and tips:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ghlight=global
Old 02-19-2019, 11:42 AM
belvino
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info Slayer.
Since alot of raiding past Omens was instance i can see where it would be a nightmare develop past omens.

I did add up the classes and checked my numbers on other items that was all all. and after restarting my server nothing changed. I just recently discovered inporting and exporting files. are items stored in any of the BaseData.txt Dbstr_us.txt or other txt files you can export? I only edited it in the Items sections under PEQ. Is there another area this is kept as well?

I'm working on getting EOC running to help with item but most my Database play time is at work where i can't change firewalls so i'll have to wait till i get home.

Thanks for the heads up on the models I'll check into that.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:49 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

No problem.
Yeah the only place you edit items are in items table in DB. What are you using to edit? I am using HEidiSQL interface that is installed with Akkadius full package - its pretty good and easy to use.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:55 AM
belvino
Fire Beetle

Soo now that I went back an checked it it did change it for me. at the time i must of not had everything restarted. I'm using HEiDiSQL as well.

Thanks again Fellow Forest Creature!