Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Hightcn
Fire Beetle

Default Connection Issues

I still cannot make it passed the login screen. I get "Error- Time out" every time. I have the port setting to 5994 and there are no spaces in the folder. It is set to Read Only so it isnt changing everytime I run EQ. I have all the updates, but have not downloaded Omens of War. I do not understand the MiniLogin or its purpose, but it seems like I dont need it. I have deleted eqmain.dll and let the patch redownload it but it still times out. Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2004, 05:10 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Re: Connection Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightcn
I still cannot make it passed the login screen. I get "Error- Time out" every time. I have the port setting to 5994 and there are no spaces in the folder. It is set to Read Only so it isnt changing everytime I run EQ. I have all the updates, but have not downloaded Omens of War. I do not understand the MiniLogin or its purpose, but it seems like I dont need it. I have deleted eqmain.dll and let the patch redownload it but it still times out. Any suggestions?
unzip this in your eq folder.

http://spacetrader.no-ip.info/eqhost.rar

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Hightcn
Fire Beetle

That makes it just stay at "Logging into the server- please wait."
If i take the
[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 like that It stays Logging in but if i do it like this:
[LoginServer]Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 I get an almost imediate time out.
Now when I use the scopr2k patch I can play on that server just fine, so I let the patcher download the original files over 2k ones and attempted to try to connect to the others, since I want semi-legit, but it won't work still.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
That makes it just stay at "Logging into the server- please wait."
If i take the
[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 like that It stays Logging in but if i do it like this:
[LoginServer]Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 I get an almost imediate time out.
Now when I use the scopr2k patch I can play on that server just fine, so I let the patcher download the original files over 2k ones and attempted to try to connect to the others, since I want semi-legit, but it won't work still.
that explains it.... not supported.
repatch to eq I guess.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Hightcn
Fire Beetle

I am repatched to EQ and with the eqhost either way it leaves me stuck at login or timing out. I have just finished a filecheck too.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:12 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
I am repatched to EQ and with the eqhost either way it leaves me stuck at login or timing out. I have just finished a filecheck too.
your faction with EQLIVE has gotten worse.
you have gotten better at reinstalling 18!

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Hightcn
Fire Beetle

Hang on got another eq patch program from the eq site patching this shit now.