Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Ok, updates:

1) I've rewrited the Mob::IsBot() command. No more database calls at each Bot_Process(). No more CPU/DB loads.

2) As asked, I have added a new command:
#bot group order follow/guard

Follow: your group will follow you
Guard: Your group will guard the place

3) Next tasks:
-- finalizing raid (almost done)
-- making 2 videos (group and raid)
-- writing the documentation

Later,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Ahh so it was you over-cooking my CPU! hehe... lucky my fancy motherboard took over and shut me down.

I'll check on the maps, though I am sure I have them all in ./Maps. And, I'll try in other zones and on base EQEmu as well.

One more question

Is it fixed where 2 players on the same server/zone can have a group of bots? I will test later, but last I read there was a crash with that. Personally, I think that would be higher value than raiding bots, but a single-player raid sounds great to me! Die, AoW, die!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

I've tested yesterday with a friend. Yes, it worked. 2 (or more) players can have their group. They can even have their respective raid... 24 + 24 = 48 that will help a bit on though fights.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am going to name my first baby after you, though he may get mocked in school "Magoth? wtf?"

But thank you for this great customization. Soon as you fix the cooking CPU, I'm going to beat it up. Nice work!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Haerikk
Fire Beetle

Hello! I just wanted to throw my 2c in and say thanks for developing this. I am no kind of programmer at all myself, so this project here just impresses the heck out of me!

I tested the build you had up yesterday last night, and it seemed to work very well indeed. I can, however, verify that the cpu load is spiking under WinXP sp2 also, to the point of destabilizing my system. Mind you, my system ain't the biggest dog on the block by any means, but I thought you might like the feedback from a non-linux platform as well. If you would like my system specs, just give the word.

Looking forward to your next update, and thanks again for taking the time to do this

-Haerikk
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello there,

Yes the CPU loads is fixed. I'm just finalizing some stuffs before releasing the new binaries. I think, I will upload the temporary sources/binaries today so you people can play decently.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am spam-refreshing your page waiting for the new sources hehe. Can't wait.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I have some zone crashing bugs to report.

1) If I summon 1 bot (WAR) and tried to add to my group, at first it's ok but after about 5 minutes, the zone crashes. I tried this in multiple zones, static and dynamic. With another player in zone and without. Also, no fighting was happening. I was actually searching for gear for my Tank-bot. This happens every time on my Linux compile. I will try Windows binaries this weekend, see if there is a difference.

2) Same thing happened when I summoned 5 bots (CLR, WAR, MNK, WIZ, ENC), after a few mins of spamming their buffs, they go silent because the zone crashed.

3) Bigger bug - If you create a bot with the same name as a player character, and summon it, the player is booted from the server. New pest control?

4) 2 players in same zone, playing with bots, crashed the zone - but this might be because of the 1st bug.

Enhancement Request:
Is it possible to secure the "#bot list" to creator-only? It looks like if I create some bots, anyone else can list them and spawn them, and likely change their gear setup. Is this intended?

I haven't had a chance to start a fight yet, because of the crashing. So for now, this is all I have.

Thanks!
J

Last edited by John Adams; 07-13-2007 at 09:44 PM..
Old 07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
madborg
Banned

i like the idea of bots a lot. in fact i have been trying in various places for some of the bot like things. a few years ago in a mud-dev list i advocated the use of external bots and that wasnt well recieved. i was going to add that part into my mud server but it wasnt worth my time then.
the best i did was use multiple logins with scripting clients.

a bot port would be nice because there is no need for graphics just the ability to send and read messages. of course i would add in additional hooks - something that a normal player wouldnt have access to but would make the life of the bot easier. maybe a bot port wouldnt be necessary for a first pass since we were able to do a lot with just a scripting client but there are limitations to that.

i found a NWN emulator (very crude) and the guy set up a separate server for mob control. one nice thing about an external mob is that the logic can be very complex without it affecting the game server. well maybe some effect since the server and the mob controller have to talk to each other.

i dont know of any project where they have pushed the whole concept of external controllers and bots.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:33 PM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

This is absolutely awesome Mag! Great job!

I really look forward to the next release, cant wait to play around with those raid commands, thats gonna be sweeeet.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Thank you. I'm actually debugging the raid stuffs...
It might take more time than I thought.

Sorry about that,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Temporary windows binaries : http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar
Temporary sources files: http://eqoffline.free.fr/EQEmu-eqoffline.rar

A lot of things got fixed. The raid is almost finished, I'm just finishing the debugs...

G'nite,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Haerikk
Fire Beetle

Thank you SO much Magoth!

They seem to be working just fabulously. I am noticing that a pre-update level 6 cleric bot that I had doesn't seem to want to cast buffs on the group, but that may just be a function of level.

I will post if I can confirm after testing^^^playing for a few hours here

Again, thank you for all your hard work. It is appreciated!

-Haerikk
Old 07-14-2007, 02:33 AM
linghuUU
Fire Beetle

Hi all

can anybody post guides for setting up EQ offline plz?

Thx a lot
Old 07-14-2007, 03:51 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Magoth, things are looking very nice! I can now report with confidence the Linux compile does behave differently than the Windows Binaries you provide (I have yet to compile on Windows myself). The major difference is, in Windows Binaries, I can form a group of 5 bots and myself - attack something - and it fights back.

But in Linux (FC4), the mobs you are attacking do not aggro. I cannot say why, just reporting what I have discovered.

No more zone crashing with full bot groups, either. Yay!

Also, the #repop command appears to make the bots vanish, but they are still grouped. I think my zone crashed only when I tried to zone to see if it would clear my group. No luck tho.

Goodnight, and happy to see this coming along so nicely!
Closed Thread