Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Custom SoF UIs

For anyone running the SoF client, I thought I would share this here:

http://stormhavenserver.com/mediawik...Custom_SoF_UIs

I finally got around to playing with custom UIs from eqinterface.com that were updated around the time SoF came out and came up with 4 decent looking UIs that work well from the limited testing I did with them.

Note that SoF has a bit of a bug with how it handles changing UIs from the default. It likes to keep the previous window dimensions, which causes some UIs to look broken. I found a bit of a trick that seems to work to get around that issue, so I have included the UI_Charname_servershortname.txt files in the zip files. The instructions on my wiki say you only need to change the Charname portion of that file name, but for PEQ, you will also need to change the servershortname portion to match PEQ's shortname (probably just "peq" or "grandcreation" or something).

The way I found to get around the UI windows loading improperly was to load a UI, then log off to character select. Once at character select, I renamed (or you can just delete) my UI_Trevazar_stormhaven.txt file. You would have to delete your own character/server UI file. Then, still at character select, I just logged back in and all of the windows showed up correctly. They will be scattered about, so you will need to adjust them to your personal preference, but they should all look correctly at least. If you just use the example UI_Trevazar_stormhaven.txt file I provided in each of the zip folders, you don't need to bother doing this trick, but I thought I would note it anyway for anyone wanting to play around with custom UIs in SoF some more.

The window size I used for setting up the UIs shown in the screenshots is from Windowed mode and is not a standard resolution, so you will almost certainly have to move stuff around. Feel free to reply with any questions, and if I know the answer, I will try to reply an help where I can.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Funny you posted this today. I was just doing the same thing with poking around eqinterface.com. I was primarily looking for long and short buff customizations that include the time remaining on the buff. I get so tired of hovering over each buff to see how long I have between pulls. Thanks Trev.