Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFeet View Post
What started out as a relatively simple DB table entry answer has led me to ask more and more questions
Your'e welcome.

Sometimes, support inquiry threads end up going in a different direction, and some will think a new question belongs in a new thread, but I always figure, why clutter up the forums with multiple threads for questions asked by one person ? As far as the questions and answers helping others, people are either reading the posts, or they are not, lol

I would never discourage people from using Akka's Installers and scripts, he's a genius for that stuff. I always thought of the installer as a "plug and play" for newbies, which was a big stepping stone for this project. The name "EZ Server" would of made more sense with the installer.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

By the way (just some thoughts of mine),
That link I posted for downloading a database manually, the peq_beta.zip file is updated on a nightly basis. (You can see that, when you observe the dates on some of the files inside the zip file), so obviously, the work the peq team is doing gets applied to that file on a daily routine. But after you read the changelog on the peqtgc site and see some updates to that, when you run the eqemu_server update script, it comes up with no updates needed. It seems like the only time our database gets any updates (at all), is when there is an important update involving both source code and database, which also sets a new db version. But I am also skeptical of the update script ever downloading some of the minor updates shown on the peq changlog.

Here's an example using a recent changelog entry 4/28/2019 :

bothunder

-Fix several named loot tables
-Add missing trash drops to various trash and named tables (diamonds etc)
-Split gem and sphere tables into separate tables for npcs with same name on multiple levels
-Gem and spheres given accurate drop percentages

So, on the next update that the script pulls anything, will those minor updates to bothunder be applied ? Usually, when we do get a database update come through the script, it downloads an sql to apply the update to the database, but I don't see these minor ones in them. I did read a post where a dev confirmed, the updates on the changelog do get applied to that peq_beta.zip file which comes with the installer.
In the eqemu_server.pl script:
Code:
get_remote_file("http://edit.peqtgc.com/weekly/peq_beta.zip", "updates_staged/peq_beta.zip", 1);
I suppose if you weren't doing any work on your server, keeping it all vanilla, you could download and install a fresh database, perhaps, once a week ? Once a month ?