Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

View Poll Results: What do you think of BrightBlade
Server is great so far! 6 25.00%
Server is fair and will be better when the bugs are gone! 16 66.67%
Server is poor and I dont like it! 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Sure I will glady test it. Just let me know =)
http://www.bossmob.com/Myra/CharConvert53dr2.zip

copy your db (only the character_ table is required) make the copy the output db. Run in a DOS window. Type the name with no parameters to get the parms and order.

Totally untested. Will probably work
Old 12-30-2003, 03:41 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Is that the coder equivelant to the redneck last words "hey yall watch this"?
Old 12-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Quote:
Is that the coder equivelant to the redneck last words "hey yall watch this"?
Nahh, more the case of a cocky coder who thinks a simple fix should go smoothly and without bugs....
Old 12-31-2003, 12:46 PM
currygreg
Fire Beetle

BB is my server of choice. I like the semi-legit format and everyone I've met on the server has been super-friendly. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:27 PM
green12345
Fire Beetle

Wish i could play on BB but i was to stupid and had to patch the dec 19 or 18 cant remember. Got eqemu on Dec.21. But there are a few servers that have updated. Was wondering if you guys could update BB. So the morons like me can play on it.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:01 PM
diesalot
Fire Beetle

Default Sleeper's tomb.

Hi all. You've all seen me online as Myst. As you most know, the Sleeper is one of the only mobs in the game with drops. I've seen links to 1 or 2 of them. My problem is that I made a druid. I attempted solo kera earlier, and almost had her. Problem is, when i do get the drop, I can not wield it. Would it be possible for you to make casters like myself some weapons and or armour that we can use when we do kill her?
Maigus is also almost upon the task...(enchanter)
Watch out folks, I'm trying to talk him into Charming Kera and rampageing through the zone with her...lol

Should be a decent sight...lol

Myst
btw- as far as looseing our characters when you (maybe) switch to 5.3, I do not think it is as bad as you all seem to think. Hell, it took me what? 1 week to max out at 65? Go play live, see how long it takes you...
As far as my other posts, about AC, it IS true. AC does nothing for us here. I tried with max ac and max hp. i lasted longer with the hp than the AC. So when searching for gear, go for the HP.

Happy Hunting,

Myst
Old 12-31-2003, 11:03 PM
diesalot
Fire Beetle

Default Hey Green,

If you search through the posts, you'll notice that there is a forum on how to play on the 5.2 servers even after the patches.
Myst
Old 01-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Conan
Hill Giant

If the converter works I will updateing it. I try to atempt an update this weekend and let you know scorp
Old 01-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
If the converter works I will updateing it. I try to atempt an update this weekend and let you know scorp
IF the converter works??????

We tested it last night. I had to modify it slightly - I've got the new WORKING version up so you can download it. http://www.bossmob.com/Myra/CharConvert53dr2.zip

To use it, set up a second DB with ONLY your character_ table in it. In your main DB, delete all the chars from the character_ table (so it is there but empty). Open a DOS window, type

Code:
CharConvert53dr2 <host IP> <userid> <password> <5.3DR1 DB> <5.3DR2 DB>
where <host IP> is the ip where mysql is at - like localhost
<userid> and <password> are the ones for mysql
<5.3DR! DB> is the db you created with only the character_ table in it
<5.3DR2 DB> is the primary DB that has the empty character_ table

When it is done, the empty character_ table will contain the characters from the other, but they will be DR2 format
Old 01-04-2004, 04:22 PM
drugen
Fire Beetle

Whenever i log in and select my character , it says the zone is unavailable. Ive made several characters and attempted to log in but all failed due to zone unavailable. Is it my computer or the server?
Old 01-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Rrafle
Fire Beetle

Greetings, Xzile here sorry for my absence on BB just on alil vacation type deal anyhow its good to hear everything is well. I should be back in a week or two so I'll be expecting a party, hehe jk anyhow hope to come back and get rackin on the itemdb again talk to ya all some time from now love yall *smooch*
Old 01-05-2004, 01:46 AM
drugen
Fire Beetle

just wish the zones were actually up half the time ... but so far ive been playing in one zone, it's really fun.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:33 AM
Conan
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugen
just wish the zones were actually up half the time ... but so far ive been playing in one zone, it's really fun.
Which zones were you haveing problems in or are they not spawned or what?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:00 AM
diesalot
Fire Beetle

Default No zones up

hi. Last night, Jan 4th, the only zone that was up was crushbone.
The game refused to put the zone up to let myst in, so I logged in an alt to movechar him to cb.
a few minutes later, maigus came into my room to complain about him not being able to log in so I decided to bounce my guy over to oasis, which crashed me to the desktop. After that I made 4 alts, and none of the hometowns would let me log in.
(forced em to go play ughhh....Ra) very slow and boreing compared to here. they had what? 2 zones I could fight in?
Conan, they were all down. gonna bounce in now to see if they are up.

for those of you that haven't logged in since 5.2, hope you didn't have any important hotbuttons, cause they all gone now...lol
(you can proly cutNpaste them into directory somewheres so you don't loose them like I did)

Myst
Old 01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Conan
Hill Giant

Not sure on what the problem was, the seem to be fixed now from what I can tell.