Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2018, 12:22 PM
pharone1
Sarnak

Default And... Here... We Go!

I've been playing EverQuest for almost two decades now just as I imagine most of you have too. I've played on almost every TLP server SoE/DBG put out, with the last one being Coirnav that I officially quit yesterday.

Plain and simple, I like EverQuest game play, classes, etc, but... I've come to realize over the past decade that I really hate people. Go figure. From the over bearing guild leaders to the "I don't care" players that abuse everybody else on a server, I've pretty much had it with dealing with other people's crap.

So... I've decided to try making my own server where I only let people I want on it join.

That being said, I want to create a custom server with zones I want connected how I want them, and populated with mobs I want. I'd like to customize the classes some to create my own hybrids, and I want to create my own story for the world. It won't be Norrath anymore. It will be what I want.

That all being said, I want to set my expectations accordingly to what is actually possible with EQEmu as of today. So, I have questions.

First off, I plan to use the newest available version of the game that EQEmu supports. I believe this is RoF.
  1. Can you modifiy the scripts used by raid mobs/encounters
  2. Can you set the abilities/spells that mobs use?
  3. Can you add zone lines to existing zones where zone lines don't already exist?
  4. Can you create raid scripts?
  5. Can you edit spells/abilities?
  6. Can you give one classes abilities/spells to another class?
  7. Can you create custom achievements? (would rather use the achievement system than quest system)
  8. Can you create and edit weapons/armor?
  9. Can you create and edit potions?
  10. Can you create new spells/abilities?
  11. Can you create/edit/delete alternate abilities?
  12. Can you create/edit/delete mob pathing?
  13. Can you change which classes each race can be?
  14. Is it possible to create a gnome beastlord with a mechanical spider as a warder pet?

Also, I have no grand belief that my server will be done quickly. I realize it is a major thing to create your own server. I just want to know what I can expect to be able to do as a world creator.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

Pharone the Gnome