Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:08 AM
icethorne72
Fire Beetle

Default Im a N00B and I need help

First off I am totally new to running a server so let me give a shout out and say thanks for making the process so easy to get started!

Now, I have been trying to figure out how to modify the rules and have been searching the forums but most of the time the information doesn't make sense to me. I want to change it so there are no corpse runs and no xp loss on death. I just do not know how to get to where I need to get in order to edit these rules (if that makes sense). Do I need to run HeidiSQL? If so I am a complete n00b to SQL

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

It's in your DB. load up heidisql and click the peq db and find the server rules table. you don't need to know sql or DB's at all -- gui, point and click, read and type all you need to know how to do for this stuff. it may ask for user name and password -- simply use the same one you've setup for eqemu -- if not sure it's the default stuff in the wiki and numerous other help pages (l:peq p:eqemu i think?). either way set it should be local only for safety with those default passwords, lol.

this link may have additional descriptions or may just mirror what you see. a few things are not 100% intuitive, but within 1-2 guesses you should figure it out with trial and error. it's intuitive once you have the proper perspective on it, of course.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Server-Rules

if they don't exist in your db, you can add them. match case / copy/paste it etc... i think they are auto-added nowadays, but just in case.... also there's an option in the eqemu maintenance script to remove duplicates, if needed. (the main script for updating code, db, etc... i don't know exact name by rote)

what you are looking for is in the "Character" portion.. sorting for this field will help organize what you see better, if not already sorted that way. don't be afriad to sort or apply a filter of any kind... that doesn't 'change' anything in a db...

DO becareful of any edits.. they are final and immediate once run. for this sort of thing, you're just selecting an input box and changing a value, so it's simple stuff. you may need to press the run button (looks like aplay button) or the changes could be immediate depending on settings. it will warn you if you try to exit without processing your changes.

DeathItemLossLevel

is one of rules you are looking for.

there's no undo button in DB's, so just take your time... use the backup feature before doing anything crazy.

i also backup my rules table occasionally.. simply export it as sql file or csv etc.. for later import when needed.

every chang ei make i catalog and save the bits that made it so... that way if i have to re-install the server for any reason i can simply run my sql files and re-insert table data without concern of missing something.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 AM
icethorne72
Fire Beetle

Hey thanks for the reply, I have been using the crap out of GeorgeS' tools to remove things like DT making content more solo/duo friendly. So, this will help a ton when testing and I dont have things right lol
But I guess the second question is where do I find the DB file - I see no file ending with extension .DB (.pdb is the closest) in the eqemu_installer_files folder and subfolders

Nevermind, I found it as it was a text file thanks again
Old 07-09-2018, 11:31 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I would consider trying to get use to the DB and setting things up manually.

Will help you out in the long run if George's tools messes something up.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:52 PM
kris1
Sarnak

I'm a total newb at this...so far I am just using the server as it comes. I have ZERO knowledge about databases or PEQ or HeidiSQL, or any of this. I discovered HeidiSQL, but I can't figure out how to use it with my server. what did you mean when you said "load up heidisql and click the peq db and find the server rules table"...I feel like we are looking at different things. What am i doing wrong with heidisql? a search of my computer doesn't find anything for "PEQ"...I'm totally lost. I was totally lost when I was trying to set up my server too...then i realized it was so simple i was tripping over it...I feel like this is the same thing...any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

when the server is created it makes a database called PEQ, Under heidisql you need to "Login" to the database using your username and password you created for the database. most people by default is (root) for the username and whatever the password is when the database was made, thats what its asking for when you login to heidisql to connect to the database.

Honestly don't feel too bad its ALOT of trial and error but once you realise how easy it is. You're going to kick yourself for not seeing it sooner =P