Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Default New Tool Idea

Have an idea for a new tool that I'm willing to work on.
I've been looking at different sites w/ item info ie raidloot, allakhazam, etc and have been wanting to add some items that i've found.

rather than go in by hand and add them, i was thinking that a tool that uses text copied from the site to disseminate the info and add the item(s) to the database.

Any thoughts/requests for something like this? Does anyone see any problems with making/using a tool like this?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

I have classes already written (using C# and MySql.Net Connector) to read and write items from the database if you want to save some time. I would also suggest using Regex to parse out the HTML retrieved from the web page and populate the class object. If you are interested in what I already have let me know and I will send you the source.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

For read/writing from the db i'm good - i've got a class that i've written for use with VB.NET & MySQL, or SQL (changing 1 or 2 lines of code) - however if you have something that specifically deals with the items table, that I can use (it'll save me time working through the myriad of columns it has!), that would be greatly appreciated!

Also any code working with regex & html would be appreciated too!

I was thinking of a drag & drop style - either dragging text directly from the web page or via the page source. Alot of pages that use PHP or ASP don't always pass the parameters in the web address, so copying and pasting a link is pretty useless if the page it gets isn't what you were looking at.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:20 AM
spider661
Discordant

how about just reading the data from a site like lucy that has pritty much everything you need to pt the items in anyways.

if you look at the raw data that is
Rough Defiant Cloth Robe raw page

then all you would have to do is make the program go download the info for you.. you put in a search and it loads the page searches and extracts all done with you just typing in item name and hitting search.

that would be pretty cool.. hard to do probably but cool all the same
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 AM
sesmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfentora View Post
however if you have something that specifically deals with the items table, that I can use (it'll save me time working through the myriad of columns it has!), that would be greatly appreciated!
That is what I was referring to, sorry if I was not clear on that. I have sat down and wrote out a class for all of the fields in the item table (250+) and I know how much time it took to map everything out and I just figured I could help save you sometime. I will package up what I have as it is part of a DBI I have been playing with and let you have the source.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

How up-to-date is Lucy? I honestly haven't looked, I started playing with Raidloot and the idea came to me.
I figured this way we could add live-like items for folks that want to have a more broad base of items, or create a custom items db.

As far as your source Sesmar, that would be HUGELY appreciated!!
My DBI is pretty generic to be able to work with any MySQL or SQL database.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
sesmar

Well, here is a link to the code that I have for reading and writing items in the database. I have not yet completely tested it as I do not have access to my database right now; however, I know that reading items from the database works and since all of the SQL statements are generated in the same manner the insert and updates should work without any problems. If you run into an issue let me know as I will be updating my personal source as well to reflect the changes I made in this version and fixing any bugs.

I know this seems like a lot of code just for updating one table in the database but as I said earlier it is part of a much larger DBI and project that I am working on. Also, to correct my mistake from earlier there are not 250+ fields on the items tables there are actually only 131.

Well, let me know if this is of any use at all. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Awesome - Thanks Sesmar. I'll let you know as soon as I try it out.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
spider661
Discordant

far as i know lucy is ran with allakhazam's database so it would be as up to date as they are.. worth a look at lest.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

I'll give it a looksie then. Wasn't sure if it only had stuff that was already in the db, or had live(ish) items too.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

I'm finally getting to work on this tool, but need a little help.

Using www.raidloot.com as a base for info, i found this item:
Prismatic War-Bishop's Helm Armor ID: 102150
Magic Lore No Trade Infusible
Slot: Head
Purity: 75
AC: 129 HP: 800 + 4/tick MANA: 815 ATK: 25
STA: 31 + 6 STR: 11 WIS: 30 + 13 INT: 15 + 7 DEX: 30 AGI: 45 CHA: 29 +4
SV FIRE: 24 SV COLD: 46 SV MAGIC: 65 SV POISON: 38 SV DISEASE: 57
Shielding: 3%
DoT Shielding: 3%
Stun Resist: 3%
Avoidance: 7
Heal Amount: 10
Spell Dmg: 5
Focus Effect: Magic Damage 75
Old 09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

grrr for some reason it won't let me post my full post, or edit.

What does the "STA: 31 + 6" mean?

Should i import the item as having 31 STA or 37?

it's a required level of 80 item - but there are a bunch of items like this, with more than one stat like this.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:04 AM
AndMetal
Developer

It has something to do with heroic stats. Easiest way to see this is in the raw details in the EQItems (13th Floor) database.

Simply put, just put in the 31 since the Titanium client doesn't support the +6.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 09-10-2008, 08:08 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Cool - i just noticed the 'heroic' status when i was looking at the page source.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Anyone who's reading this post, if they'd please post what sites they use to gather item info, that way i can code my tool to work with the html of the site.

Thanks!