Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM
spider661
Discordant

well sense i had to reinstall i downloaded debian and well i guess its to old for this computer or something.. could not find my sata cd drive so put in an old ide it found that.. then it could not find my network card.. so i said forget it.. guess ill try fedora 8 rather then 9
Old 09-25-2008, 01:01 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider661 View Post
Code:
[root@server1 ~]# cd /home/spider661/eqemu/source/9232008/EMuShareMem
[root@server1 EMuShareMem]# make clean
rm -f MMFMutex.o Doors.o Items.o Spells.o NPCFactionLists.o MMF.o Loot.o Opcodes.o SkillCaps.o DLLMain.o .obj/timer.o .obj/unix.o libEMuShareMem.so
[root@server1 EMuShareMem]# make

ccache gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Wno-deprecated -g -march=i686 -O -pthread -pipe -I../common/SocketLib -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DWORLD -DDEBUG=5 -DEQDEBUG=5 -DSHAREMEM -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DFIELD_ITEMS -DIRC -Di386 -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -DEMBPERL -DEMBPERL_PLUGIN -DHAS_UNION_SEMUN -I/usr/include/mysql -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv  -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm  -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE  ../common/dbcore.cpp -o ../common/dbcore.o
../common/dbcore.cpp: In static member function ‘static bool DBcore::ReadDBINI(char*, char*, char*, char*, int32&, bool&, bool*)’:
../common/dbcore.cpp:112: error: ‘atoi’ was not declared in this scope
../common/dbcore.cpp:67: warning: ignoring return value of ‘char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make: *** [../common/dbcore.o] Error 1

[root@server1 world]# cd /home/spider661/eqemu/source/9232008/zone
[root@server1 zone]# make clean
rm -f ...
[root@server1 zone]# make

../common/EQPacket.cpp: In static member function ‘static void EQProtocolPacket::ChatDecode(unsigned char*, int, int)’:
../common/EQPacket.cpp:394: error: ‘malloc’ was not declared in this scope
../common/EQPacket.cpp:411: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this scope
../common/EQPacket.cpp: In static member function ‘static void EQProtocolPacket::ChatEncode(unsigned char*, int, int)’:
../common/EQPacket.cpp:419: error: ‘malloc’ was not declared in this scope
../common/EQPacket.cpp:435: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [.obj/EQPacket.o] Error 1
I know I've come across this before, possibly while I was trying to compile some custom code, but here's your answer to the original problem:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html
Quote:
C++ language issues
Header dependency cleanup

As detailed here (Header dependency streamlining), many of the standard C++ library include files have been edited to only include the smallest possible number of additional files. As such, many C++ programs that used std::memcpy without including <cstring>, or used std::auto_ptr without including <memory> will no longer compile.

Usually, this error is of the form:

error: 'strcmp' was not declared in this scope

The table below shows some of the missing items, and the header file that will have to be added as an #include for the compile to succeed.
Code:
If missing				Then include this header
find, for_each, sort			<algorithm>
ostream_iterator, istream_iterator	<iterator>
auto_ptr				<memory>
typeid					<typeinfo>
isalnum, toupper			<cctype>
INT_MIN, INT_MAX, RAND_MAX		<climits>
printf					<cstdio>
atoi, free, rand, exit			<cstdlib>
EXIT_FAILURE				<cstdlib>
strcmp, strdup, strcpy, memcpy		<cstring>
It's not listed here, but malloc() is also in the <cstdlib> library.

So, in short, just add an #include <cstdlib> at the beginning of common/dbcore.cpp, common/EQPacket.cpp, and any other files that give those kinds of errors and you should be good. Imo, I think it might be a good idea to get this ultimately updated into the source, as well as resolve any other incompatibilities between 4.1 & 4.3.

Hope this helps.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider661 View Post
well sense i had to reinstall i downloaded debian and well i guess its to old for this computer or something.. could not find my sata cd drive so put in an old ide it found that.. then it could not find my network card.. so i said forget it.. guess ill try fedora 8 rather then 9
I know it is a big step in a different direction but if you have issues with Fedora 8 look into Gentoo. I have tried a lot of different distributions before and after using Gentoo and I always end up coming back. It has a longer installation process but I personally think it is worth it.

The biggest advantage to linux right now is that there are so many different flavors out there. Take the time to find one that gives you what you want and that you are comfortable with.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

This is good stuff, thanks for clearing this topic out for me, I've searched, but never got this far.
My newest distro will not let me uninstall the latest GCC, as it says it's used for other compiles and would break too much. I've gotten away with installing multiple versions of GCC or for the user only.
This is much better and should solve a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
I know I've come across this before, possibly while I was trying to compile some custom code, but here's your answer to the original problem:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html

It's not listed here, but malloc() is also in the <cstdlib> library.

So, in short, just add an #include <cstdlib> at the beginning of common/dbcore.cpp, common/EQPacket.cpp, and any other files that give those kinds of errors and you should be good. Imo, I think it might be a good idea to get this ultimately updated into the source, as well as resolve any other incompatibilities between 4.1 & 4.3.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Now they clobber me!

I wonder if anyone might know what or why the cause for this. I tried other versions of gcc with the same results, and this only happens on on of my pcs, and even will sometimes go through with the compile.
Quote:
../common/crc32.cpp:106:2: warning: #warning "Comment out i386 define if your arch isn't x86"
../common/crc32.cpp: In static member function ‘static uint32 CRC32::Update(const int8*, uint32, uint32)’:
../common/crc32.cpp:239: error: PIC register ‘bx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
make: *** [../common/crc32.o] Error 1
[angelox@drake world]$

Here's two ways to use other versions of gcc (have to install them first);
Code:
#cd /usr/bin
#unlink gcc
#ln -sf gcc-VERSIONTHATYOUWANT gcc
Or use EXPORT
Code:
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-3.4
Old 10-14-2008, 12:52 AM
AndMetal
Developer

[QUOTE=Angelox;158252]I wonder if anyone might know what or why the cause for this. I tried other versions of gcc with the same results, and this only happens on on of my pcs, and even will sometimes go through with the compile.

[CODE]
../common/crc32.cpp: In static member function

Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
I wonder if anyone might know what or why the cause for this. I tried other versions of gcc with the same results, and this only happens on on of my pcs, and even will sometimes go through with the compile.

[CODE]
../common/crc32.cpp: In static member function
I think you got your reply cut in half - happened to me on this very same thread
Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
I think you got your reply cut in half - happened to me on this very same thread
Yeah, lol. Let's try this again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post

Code:
../common/crc32.cpp: In static member function ‘static uint32 CRC32::Update(const int8*, uint32, uint32)’:
../common/crc32.cpp:239: error: PIC register ‘bx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
make: *** [../common/crc32.o] Error 1
Teh intertubes indicates it's an issue specific to GCC 3.4. This is the suspect code:
Code:
__asm __volatile (
		"xorl	%%ebx, %%ebx\n"
		"movl	%1, %%esi\n" 
		"movl	%2, %%ecx\n" 
		"movl	$CRC32Table, %%edi\n"
		"shrl	$2, %%ecx\n"
		"jz	1f\n"

".align 4\n"
		"0:\n"
		"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"movl	(%%esi), %%edx\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	%%dl, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%edx\n"
		"xorl	(%%edi,%%ebx,4), %%eax\n"

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	%%dl, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%edx\n"

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	%%dl, %%bl\n"
		"movb	%%dh, %%dl\n" 

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	%%dl, %%bl\n"
		"addl	$4, %%esi\n"

"decl	%%ecx\n"
		"jnz	0b\n"

"1:\n"
		"movl	%2, %%ecx\n"
		"andl	$3, %%ecx\n"
		"jz	2f\n"

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	(%%esi), %%bl\n"

"decl	%%ecx\n"
		"jz	2f\n"

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	1(%%esi), %%bl\n"

"decl	%%ecx\n"
		"jz	2f\n"

"movb	%%al, %%bl\n"
		"shrl	$8, %%eax\n"
		"xorb	2(%%esi), %%bl\n"
	"2:\n"
		:
		: "a" (val), "g" (buf), "g" (bufsize)
		: "bx", "cx", "dx", "si", "di"
	);

return val;
}
My only recommendation if it's happening with multiple versions of GCC is to completely get rid of them, then start over from scratch, since it looks like there's something from 3.4 that's getting shared w/ everything else.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 AM
llaarn
Fire Beetle

Angry atoi

for some strange reason my database is throwing wobblies about the atoi not being declared in the scope. Am i doing something wrong or is it a programing error?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

That's just the newer version GCC you are using. I just tried something on this newer OS I have, since it gave me an assortment of errors, which most point to same two references (after Googling) -
In every error you see, for example you get an error in 'EQPacket.cpp' open the file up and add these two lines(might be better to add to *.h files) ;
Code:
#include <cstdlib>
#include <cstring>
It will be either one or the other, so I always added both.
I had to do this to around 20 files, so it takes a while.
Then finally I got a big 'zone.o' error , which I fixed by adding -fpermissive to WFLAGS in makefiles for zone.
After that it all compiled.