Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Exclamation For the love of God please someone help ...

Okay well I made a Private server over 2 1/2 months ago ,

the other day I started it up once again ... everything is going fine ...

well I noticed people are all COMING in a (Aprentice GMs) so i was like hmmm
well I went into the config file changed the defaultstatus>0< to see what it would do well sure enough , i enter the game someone comes on as aprentice gm i said w/e fuck it.

20 Minutes later my POWER goes out (FUCK) once it comes back on I proceed to start.bat file back up or w/e runs fine no errors NOTHING , double click EQ go to enter (screen blinks) takes 4 minutes then says its not letting me due to some patch error some (BS) error i said well fuck sake

so then I thought maybe it was because i changed the default status> so I changed it back to (20) again restarted computer (1 times !!!!!

and I CANT FUCKING log into my private server

Can anyone help if so please let me know ... if you need me to elaborate more please let me know :(!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Well, I'll take the easy one; even after you change the default status to 0, it will only affect accounts that are created after that point. You'll have to go back and change accounts created before that point to have 0 status. Sorry!

As for your power going out and not being able to log in... The patch error (comes up as error 1017) is usually associated with lag. Just keep trying, see if you get it.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Default yup

okay that seems awesome thanks ....

but ummm

dude ive tried over 19 times now
Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Default 1017

error:Some bull shit re run patch there is nothing to re run lol ??

I dont fucking get it
Old 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Damn, you have posted 3 times yet still you have managed to use the F-word 5 times. Now I know that there is nothing that says that you cannot use that word; however, when you come to the forums looking for some help, and I understand that you are frustrated, please try and calm down and explain your problem without cussing all of us out and you might get better results. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Try rebooting your router and modem. They are probably overloaded with F-Bombs. :P

Sounds like you can't connect to any server. You get the 1017 error when you are at the server select screen right? That does normally mean some kinda lag or network issue. I would do this in this exact order:

1. Power off your router
2. Power off your modem
3. Wait 10 seconds
4. Power on your modem
5. Wait for the modem to fully boot up
6. Power on your router
7. Wait for the router to fully boot up
8. Reboot your PC

Once your PC is restarted, try EQ again and see what happens. Otherwise, try searching for error 1017. There are tons of posts on the issue.

Make sure you set your default status back to 0. You don't want everyone starting as GMs and that has nothing to do with the 1017 error you are getting. You will want to go into your accounts table and sort by the "status" column and set all accounts back to 0 status accept for your own of course.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Talking F-bombs

Lmao

sorry dude but you have no clue how many hours I sat there infront of that stupid silly ass computer cussing at it and it DID nothing

thanks for the help when I get home tonight I will try it and if it doesnt work im going to kill my self ....

Send me your adress if anyone wants my COMPUTERS

I have 3 of them hahahahahha
Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Default bump

bump..........
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Just FYI, this isn't the support section :P

Why did you bump the post? Does that mean you tried my suggestion and are still having a problem? You need to be specific around here for answers. We aren't paid for this stuff :P

Try reading my post below and see if that might help you at all:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25219

Otherwise, we are going to need more info than "bump".
Old 05-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Default Info..

The only other info I can give you is it keeps doing it

I did what the one guy said i disconnected my MODEM restarted my computer plugged the shit back in ...

clicked the start.bat doubled clicked shortcut to eqgame ...

login
Press
PLAY
click my server try to connect instantly screen goes black ... and just sits

CTRL+Delete (Not Responding)

now if I try to connect again *no blinking screen just sits there till kicks me to login*
Old 05-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Producer
Fire Beetle

Exclamation ...

also were can I find the account tables
Old 05-13-2008, 08:37 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

the account tables are in your database. you can use the command line to view/change the values or get a gui like mysql gui tools or navicat for mysql.

Every so often connectivity issues like this happen to me too - with the exception of losing power.
I've tried everything - reboot the modem & router, reboot the server, shutdown and restart the world/zones, restart the client etc.

The only thing that helped was re-installing titanium. personally when i installed the 1st time i made a backup copy of the eq directory. now all i have to do is copy it over my play version.

That seems to take care of connection problems when I know everything else is/was working fine.