Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:36 AM
cole89103
Banned

Default Shards of Palgoria EQ

Well Ive been doing lots of work thanks to some help from scorpious2k and others POK has now been completely remade the tutorials are also being remade This server will eventually be completely customized. Bots are enabled and it resides on its own private minilogin server. Currently the server is in beta status (closed) due to the work being done on it

check out:
http://shardsofpalgoria.no-ip.info
PM me for information on getting involved with the beta testing and or possible staff possitions for GM's, Guides, Developers, World Builders (using openzone) Quest Writers, and Database Editors
Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
cole89103
Banned

server is up and open follow the instructions on http://shardsofpalgoria.no-ip.info to play

PLEASE NOTE POK IS CURRENTLY DISABLED TO ALL BUT GM'S UNTILL IT IS COMPLETED AND YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE MINES UNTILL LEVEL 9 OR ABOVE (SORRY its because of the beta status)

BOTS ARE ENABLED ON THE SERVER AND FULL LOGS ARE KEPT ANY FORM OF CHEATING WILL GET YOU BANNED IMMEDIATLY WITH NO WARNING WHATSO EVER

that said have at it have fun and use the /petition command for bug reporting and feedback of any kind!!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
cole89103
Banned

Well the new pok should be ready for visitors later today so i encourage anyone interested to drop by http://shardsofpalgoria.no-ip.info and check it out
Old 05-20-2008, 04:31 AM
cole89103
Banned

Ok everyone pok isnt complete but it is open So stop by http://shardsofpalgoria.no-ip.info download the installer make an account and hop on in and check out the server i am setting up forums which will be ready shortly please help us test the changes to the server AND just so all are aware i have made a new guild hall so to speak its basicly a copy of the new pok with different textures but each guild will get a room or building that only their members can enter!!

The installer and launcher will automaticly check for updates when you launch it and if any new zones have been added it will automaticly update (this is a basic auto update feature but will be enhanced later)
Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 AM
cole89103
Banned

Ok forums are up everyone should know that a forum account is a requirement on this server anyone who has an ingame account but no forum account will have their ingame account and toons deleted within 48 hours of their first login. (decision made by myself and the other server administrators for security purposes)

I look forward to seeing you all there come by check it out there is ALOT of changes planned

Also BOTS Are enabled on the server use the ingame #bot help command for more info on using them
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 AM
cole89103
Banned

Well After speaking with the other server ops and admins We have decided to make our installer require a serial you can get it by registering on the forums upon registration you will recieve the serial number for the instaler in pm on the shards of palgoria forums
Old 05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

holy ripped allakhazam html code badman!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

That is just a modified version of the eqbrowser web application which by the way is meant to be a clone of Allakhazam
Old 05-20-2008, 03:20 PM
ansley
Fire Beetle

I dont understand...the patcher wont allow you to play on EQEmu anymore...If I wanted that I'd play Shards of Dalaya where 400ish people are online at peak times. Just an observation..random thoughts....
Old 05-20-2008, 03:29 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansley View Post
I dont understand...the patcher wont allow you to play on EQEmu anymore...If I wanted that I'd play Shards of Dalaya where 400ish people are online at peak times. Just an observation..random thoughts....
It really is not all the difficult to have two or three copies of EQ on your HD is it?
If you want custom content this is a price you have to pay.

xxarthurxx,
There are many of us that use eqbrowser and i don;t see a problem with it. working on post counts?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
cole89103
Banned

my patcher is one not for 0.5.3 which is what sod is and two there because of the custom zones which without the files for you wont be able to play on the server anyway. noone is forcing you to use this server or use the patcher however there is no way to play on this server without it and that will never change nor will it being on its own loginserver

That alla clone(eqbrowser feel free to search the forums) is available on both the emu wiki and these forums.

toll much?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

i was just suprised to see the old thing no need to take so much offense :P
Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
cole89103
Banned

Default Updates!!!

• Pok is now open for the public all npcs not in the right places all merchants and GMS however are
  • New Launcher made it now auto patches the client when new zones are made for ease of use You will need to uninstall the old launcher if you installed it and reinstall using the new launcher using the link on the main page of Shards of Palgoria
  • New Guild lobby zone made all Guilds get a room that only Guild members of that guild can enter NPCS will be added to the room upon the guild leaders request(merchants, teleporters and what not) Also there will be tradeskill rooms and normal merchants in the new guild lobby zone as well
  • Retextured the new pok

It is suggested you make a seperate copy of your titanium install just for this as this server will be completely custom done all zones will eventually be remade totally custom as well as quests and npcs in time and this will interfere with planing on the public loginserver which is part of the reason it uses its own ls.

If you have any questions bugs or the like please register on the Shards of Palgoria Forums and post there or pm myself or leslamarch on those forums or here

We look forward to seeing you on the server, also We are currently recruiting zone builders(using openzone) DB Developers, Quest writers, Model designers, GM's, Guides, and new zone BETA testers there will be a application posted on the Shards of Palgoria Forums

So come on over give it a try have some fun and help us build this server, In addition to this server we are developing a totally new mmorpg called Shards of Palgoria this is not using the emulator and is still under development news reguarding this will be on the Shards of Palgoria Forums as well
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM
cole89103
Banned

Well after much consideration i have decided to run my own public loginserver and a more classic version of the emulator that ive come across it requires alot more work to get together but it will be up very soon for a while i will be running both versions though the public ls classic server will be closed to the public untill such time as i feel it is stable enough to open, I have also been redesigning the site. I hope people decide to actually visit and give it a try it seems like a waste of my time and bandwidth to keep a server running tha tnoone will even bother to look at
Old 05-24-2008, 08:40 AM
cole89103
Banned

by a show of hands who would like to see the classic server up without the 0.7.0 at all?