Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:55 PM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.
Default Keepers of the Vale

Keepers of the Vale is a pretty fun server.
They are pretty much plain Jane, no #zone command or anything like that. But they cater to those of use that like EQ "challenging" without being "hard".

Exp is pretty fast. in the low 20s (my level) it takes about 10 mobs per level or so, but death holds a substantial penalty, 4 yellows of exp or so lost on death.

I have not seen any bot use (i don't use them) , no random item drops.
Just a max level of 80, and , access to every expansion available.

Not much of a population right now. And with the fast exp "catching" up is not an issue. Hope to see some more folks playing there.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 AM
miotch
Sarnak

i need to edit a bit. i said there was no random drops. .that was wrong. there are random drops in noobie zones of the quested noobie armors.. by the time you are 12 or so you should have your full suit and your noobie quested weapon.

I also saw this on the site

"01/01/09 HAPPY NEW YEARS
Changed aggro radius on most mobs
All old goblin mobs should now use the new higher resolution models (if there are any errors I.E a goblin looking like a human) please leave a petition or post

Expect High end items to drop at random from random mobs in the game in the near future Some will be attunable and some will be tradeable and only drop for a limited time to try to establish a working economy"

I have not yet come across any randoms yet. but we are only scratching the surface of 30 ... Perhaps soon tho.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
ozme
Sarnak

Default Thanks Miotch

Kinda cool to see someone discussing my server on the board thanks.

First off I'ld like to invite everyone to come on and try us out.

Visit http://keeperofthevale.dyndns.org for more details

The server is hosted on a dedicated machine the internet connection speed is 2500 kilobytes down and about 500 kilobytes up so it should be more than enough for now If the server population goes up then I will possibly move it to a dedicated hosting account somewhere.

As far as population goes the most ive seen on at one time is 15-20 but usually there are about 5 players.

Right now the server is still pretty new and im working on more high end drops with custom made items some resembling the defiant drops from live.

Players can create and spawn bots to group with although i may remove this if the server population goes up.

Updates have been kinda slugish here lately I got tied up with my 6 month reccurent checkride at work so I had to study for that.

Since population isn't high and I havent got arround to corpse summoners for now you wont have to retrieve your corpse when you die.

I've almost finished the launcher for the private login server (when the eqemu login server goes down we will restart the server in minilogin mode. The launcher program will allow you to update your minilogin ip with my server and login even though the public login is down).

There is a custom jboot quest in pok and more custom quests coming soon. (if you have a quest idea post it on my forum)

We are still tweeking with the xp rate/alt advancement xp rate. We want to keep it faster than live but not to fast so that the game remains a challenge.

most of home city's neighboring zones have newbie quest armor that will drop .

GM events are also in the works
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 PM
ozme
Sarnak

Exclamation Switch to Linux

I appoligize for the inconvience this will cause my players on the weekend but its the only time I can make a major change like this.

The server has been up for a few weeks now and has a few diehards windows IMO just does't do a good job of running the server with player ghosting I pretty much have to restart the server everyday or things get really wierd.

So we are switching to linux database has been fully backed up and all chars/items will be there as well as the forum.

Hope to have this up and running tonight before i goto bed shooting for 2amish 3 at the latest.

Ozme
keeper of the vale
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM
miotch
Sarnak

We are reaching mid 30s now (wasnt able to play for almost a week!)
Hunting in City of Mist last night, we discovered new drops! Twilight gear, class specific..
More surprises.

It seems this server has easter eggs to find, not like a random loot server that makes things crazy powerful by level 25.. There is alot of challenge there, balanced with faster exp, and neat stuff to find along the way. we are lovin it.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM
warhawk
Sarnak

I've just started on this server. Really fun and stable. A few surprises too still has a live\classic feel though ). Try it out.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
v6greenfbird95@yahoo.com
Fire Beetle

Default Back up

Just wanted to let everyone know we are back up, I brought the server down when the login server was hacked, somehow i cant use my forum name OZME either I have to login using my old email address(wierd if anyone knows how to fix this lemme know)

Anyways look foward to seeing you and happy hunting
Old 08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
v6greenfbird95@yahoo.com
Fire Beetle

Server is finally up to date, and I would like to invite our old players to come try us out again