Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Splose
Banned

Default EQ Awakened

Greetings EQEmu..

It is my pleasure to introduce a long-staying addition to the server list. EQAwakened. Brought to you by the same creator of Township EQ. In the interim I have learned a ton of stuff and I'm excited to apply it. We are looking at a beta release some time next week!

A highly customized legit server that focuses around rich content and entertaining gameplay. Every aspect of the server has been specifically designed to give the player choices and multiple avenues of character-specific progression. If you are an avid MMO player you will find some aspects from other games on this server. We have put in a multitude of tasks and mini-quests to spice up the leveling experience, but the real "meat" of the game will start at max level. You as a player will be presented with a ton of solo options. Whether you're a sort of lone wolf or hardcore raider that just cleared the top tier raid zone.. You will never run out of things to do that will progress your character in a way that makes you feel both accomplished and more powerful as an adventurer.

We have done away with many classical EQ aspects in an attempt to recreate the same feeling but with more modern application. Each customized zone will be easily accessible through a teleporter in our "hub" zone (Players will also have access to regular zones, but that will require a bit of old-school travel!). There will be no corpse runs or experience lost upon death.

One thing we've implemented in an attempt to spice up player experience is class charms. (Anyone who played on Township will remember these). Each class from the moment you create your character will receive a customized class-based item that provides a unique boost to your character's overall power. This boost is completely passive. It is not a clicky. As long as you have your charm equipped you will get the bonus (and it will stack with everything else in the game).

Here is an example of the Rogue charm. Fleetfoot is a 45-90% movement speed increase depending on level. The buff "Wolfsbane" is applied to your character whenever this charm is equipped. This buff grants you a proc that does a lot of damage instantly and then a mid-level DoT to the target. It drops a small amount of aggro while increasing backstab damage done to that target and decreasing the damage it deals to anyone.

The server will be using Crystallos as a hub zone. A small portion of it has been sectioned off for this and heavily customized. The normal version of the zone is virtually and empty room. Here are some teasers of what has been done to it.

For people who are more into hardcore play. Our starting level cap will be 65 (don't worry, you'll have tons to do with AA points after you max them). Content will be released in tiers. The level cap will probably increase every tier. To a point the server will all progress together. Each tier will have solo and group zones, but the items farmed from there won't be nearly as powerful as raid gear.

All players at max level regardless of gear level will have access to participate in "daily" and "weekly" dungeons and boss encounters. Any WoW players will know all about this. (However they won't be required for faction grinds.. yuck). These bosses will drop unique items and legendary quest items. The zones that hold these bosses are all instanced by raid. Anybody who is on the bosses aggro list will be given the lockout timer (if you loot an item from the boss you will get it as well).

That's all for now.. Any questions are welcome.. We have a website, but I haven't spent much time setting it up.. you may register there @ http://www.eqawakened.com

tl;dr version:
  • Level Cap - 65
  • [B]Diablo Style Loot while leveling
  • Class Charms
  • Highly-Custom Content
  • Tons Of Play Options
  • Competitive Raiding Content
  • Content designed for fun, not to waste time
Old 04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

I quite enjoyed what you had done with EQTownship. I look forward to seeing what you've done with this as well.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 AM
vsab
Discordant

I've not played Diablo- what does Diablo Style loot mean?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Township was awesome.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Diablo-style loot means that everything you kill (including trash mobs) has a chance to drop gear and items. With better loot coming from bosses and harder content.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Skit
Fire Beetle

This sounds really awesome, I'm excited for beta to start! Do you plan on allowing users to multi box?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabedoben View Post
Diablo-style loot means that everything you kill (including trash mobs) has a chance to drop gear and items. With better loot coming from bosses and harder content.
This is on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skit View Post
This sounds really awesome, I'm excited for beta to start! Do you plan on allowing users to multi box?
There will be no boxing limit.. however in the future when you complete instances it's possible that I may add in small (emphasize small) extra rewards for only having unique IP addresses in your group. This is strictly just to encourage social play.. there will never be a penalty for boxing.

I really appreciate the support guys. There definitely are a lot of aspects from Township that have already been applied here, but I have steered the vision in a more "modern" direction.

One thing the old Township players will be happy about is all spells will have descriptions. Class charms won't have to be clicked to get the effect either since that was a huge complaint on the old server. Simply equip and play.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Skit
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
There will be no boxing limit.. however in the future when you complete instances it's possible that I may add in small (emphasize small) extra rewards for only having unique IP addresses in your group. This is strictly just to encourage social play.. there will never be a penalty for boxing.
I think this is an awesome idea, much better than simply denying the people who want to box the right to do so. Right on man, I'll keep an eye on the thread and watch for the beta announcement!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skit View Post
I think this is an awesome idea, much better than simply denying the people who want to box the right to do so. Right on man, I'll keep an eye on the thread and watch for the beta announcement!
I can't take credit for the idea as it wasn't mine.. I believe its fair for both solo players and boxers.

Any other questions are welcomed. While development continues I'll be checking here if anyone wants more info!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

I'm excited for this server, as just seeing the hub zone is something new and refreshing.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Splose
Banned

I hope people enjoy it.. Here's another screenshot. A lot of stuff is cut off by my clip plane but it's a pretty big area.

http://i.gyazo.com/cf3fca0a3f399ff6756d0065942c6a20.png

Also here's a tiny snippet of general changes that have been made to all non-custom items (that you'll be getting from the diablo loot system). A complete changelog will be posted on release that will inform everyone of all major changes.

Code:
Health increased on all items by 50%
Mana increased on all items by 50%
Endurance increaesd on all items by 50%
AC increased on all items by 50%
Damage increased on all weapons by 35%
Delay decreased on all weapons by 15%
Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Cfuson
Fire Beetle

Been waiting for a new and refreshing server for awhile now, will definitly check it out when it launches.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 AM
Splose
Banned

Few more changes went in tonight for the application of diablo loot. (Thanks goes to Akka for the entire system).

Code:
Required/Recommended on all levels is now gone
Deity restrictions on items are now gone
All items are now usable by every race
Additionally.. If you played on Township.. PM me on here or my forums with your character name and account name you used on the old server and you will be given this:

It grants a Qeynos Guard illusion and will only be attainable by people who played on the old server. Just a small nostalgia gift for those who want to continue to follow this!

Posts like these with information on the server will now only be posted @ http://eqawakened.com - I will set up a discussion thread in the General section for anyone interested in following the project more closely. I don't want to clog up this post with random half-finished changelogs. Thanks everyone! I will still be answering any questions anyone has.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I'll be there again, Splose.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Aquaojo
Sarnak

Loved Township!! I will there for sure. Amped up!!