Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 AM
varsas
Fire Beetle

Default Question on Random Freeport

ok so there is a realy good server by the name of random freeport. was just wondering if any admin or the admin of the server has a website for that server.

would realy be cool talking about the server's loot tables. ideas that players can come up with to make the server even cooler etc etc.!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
fallenskies
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I agree. I would also like some more info on this server. It's fun as hell to play on but we seem to know so little on it, would appreciate it if the owner/dev would come out and give us some info or better yet a server website.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
varsas
Fire Beetle

Just came back from a small vacation .. type thing ....

But ya before i left the LS was doing that down for a long time up for a short time..

and eventualy it whent up and all the servers were up but randomfreeport. well im back now and i see it is not on the list anymore..

anyone happen to know whats the dillyo?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 AM
bjaune
Fire Beetle

From what I've seen Freeport-wise, it seems the server has "down days" to where the developer of the server initiates a new loot table/database, which takes several hours (possibly a whole day or two). Usually if you just wait and play on a different server to pass time, checking periodically, it will be back up before you know it.

Also, great server, it's really fun. New race changer now, where you can be any race/class combination. I recommend it to anyone who is bored and looking for something new. You may just find a new server to play on.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
man101
Fire Beetle

as do i i strongly reccommend this server if ur into the whole random thing i personally love it its highly addicting becuz u are always finding new stuff and everyone now and then when the server resets to do the tables your armor stats will change so u may have to go hunt down new armor its a never ending cycle there is always something to do it amazing. Look for me online my names are Sinyou 85 bard Stabbs 83 rouge Bhaad 50 warrior also odin for when one of my accounts is messing up. almost everyone on the server are wonderful people we are all very helpful You will see me on almost anytime it is up as well as Astral an 85 monk he is very helpful as well hope to see you on
Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
slynnes
Fire Beetle

Ya this server is fun! I have yet to see any 2.0 epics (and thats after visiting about 30 zones yesterday). I saw warrior 1.0 in crushbone yesterday. I think that the "town" zones even count as random zones so they can end up with random loot too?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 AM
pariah246
Fire Beetle

Yep, so kill those town guards as well. The 2.0s are out there but they're pretty rare drops.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

wish it would come back up! :-(
Old 03-28-2009, 04:24 PM
hairpin
Fire Beetle

I've resorted to watching tv while this server is down. WATCHING TV! *Pulls hairs out*
Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 PM
varsas
Fire Beetle

ya the loot here is amazing and the way they set it out is awsome and well planned imo.

the 2.0s from the way i seen it is set to mob in a zone and the 1 keeps dropping.. here my knowledge on it...

monk 2.0 , from what i know it DID . as in no longer drops. dropped from the shroom next to the chief, some of the monks -points to astral- got 1. and than a few days later in echo i seen 1 of the mobs forget the name, carrying the ranger 1.5, cleared the zone hopeing the 2.0 monk still dropped and nothing, but than that same npc had the ranger 1.5, killed again, spawned and nothing, 1 more time for the hell of it and there it was 1.5.

just a few days ago when the epics were bugged to where more than 1 class could equip it, some of us including myself. whent to mistmoore and camped the mag 2.0, was at monk. nec . and ranger , but no mage lol, again. only 1 specific mob was the 1 who dropped it. than a few of us got it. and the admin fixed it.

berserker. so i found the berserker 2.0 in poeartha off the tree closest to the zone in, killed him than i whent on a rampage killing all the trees i could find, all respawned. no bersrker even on the 1 that dropped it, so made a little zerker. and waited for spawns, than the 1st tree that orig dropped it, dropped it xD, than just did a little run around the zone to see if any others was holding it .

( yes like other random servers the monsters will be holding the weapons graphic)

but in this server i seem to only see the humanoid type mobs to be holding the weapon graphics.

so ya thats all that i know but to lower it down make it less to read. The 2.0 seems to drop off of a specific mob in any type of zone. just be reaaaaly glad if you get 1! =D

to add. the loot drops change. sometimes daily sometimes in a few days, meaning if the monk 2.0 dropped in echo carvens, and than it changes it now drops in a random zone out of the 100s of zones there are. same with every single other loot. its what keeps us busy on random freeport. if you have a extremely good item. you will most likely be the only 1 with it =D.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 AM
fallenskies
Fire Beetle

I have been working on a website for this server, and it seems to be coming along well. It's not official and I still haven't asked geko if he wants it to be, but let's hope he agrees. Putting the finishing touches on it tonight while the LS is down and should be up and running tomorrow.

thanks,
~Astral
Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
man101
Fire Beetle

yeessss go astral
Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 AM
fallenskies
Fire Beetle

The site is up and running. http://www.freeport.mo-rpg.com

Hope you guys enjoy, and I can always use some constructive criticism.

~Astral
Old 04-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Ruude
Fire Beetle

Nice website Astral, it makes me hawt in my pants...

The server needs to come back up before I start revolting in the streets and starting riots.

-Sneak
Old 04-10-2009, 05:41 AM
varsas
Fire Beetle

soooooo anyone know what happened? :( was a fun server HOPE IT COMES BACK !!