Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Virus11
Discordant

I think something in the new patch might have slowed down EQEMu

Old 06-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Obs0l33t
Fire Beetle

So how long does it take for the loading plz wait to go away lol cause i cant get into it =)
Old 06-22-2004, 07:01 PM
p00p00h34d
Fire Beetle

whats weird is that the site says that there are like 100 people on right now so somehow they got on but i guess its the people that patched recently i guess, whats even weirder is how it worked fine yesterday, so it must have been something that the devs did to the login server, maybe if they retraced what they did we might figure it out
Old 06-23-2004, 09:58 AM
hairpin
Fire Beetle

Crashing every time I hit Login
Old 06-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Lich_Morgawr
Fire Beetle

Default What do i do??

Hello, brand new user of Eqemulator, my friend told me bout it, he told me to change serverlogin thingy & the datarate, & eqls client file, patched eq today (june 25), DL'd the client thing from the top post, changed datarate, & changed the server thing, Host=eqemulator.net:5995
can anyone explain to me what im doing wrong, or what i need to do further?, ive made login name & obviously, forum name, & i apologize if this is the wrong place to post , would apreciate if anyone could help me out, my friend seems to be on it too much to help me out =p ty!
Old 07-02-2004, 05:21 AM
der13gt
Fire Beetle

Well i have EQEMU working on 1 computer but i went to put it on another and when i go to log in it just hangs at the server login and never goes anywhere, but it works fine on my other computer and goes right into the server
Old 07-03-2004, 05:40 AM
MisterPink923
Sarnak

im stuck at the LOADING PLEASE WAIT screen as well

if i wait long enough will it go lol?? well anyway ive used this thread to solve basically all of my problems except now i seem to be at an insurmountable obstacle and im just wiating for a solution

thanks for all the help so far

and ive never tried eqemu before so i REALLYREALLY want to play sometime this weekend, thank you for all your past and future help

MisterPink
Old 07-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Darkscythe
Fire Beetle

Ok why you are stuck at loading screen. this happens because the patch on June 22nd Broke EQemulator. so you have to wait for the DEV team to fix it. do not ask on an ETA. i suggest u break out the back up everquest folder if u have one if not ur pretty much outa luck unless you get a friend to give u his/hers. please do not ask for these files in forum or IRC that is called Warez and it is forbidden. have a nice day =P

~Josh`'`
Old 07-07-2004, 05:08 PM
jerricko123
Fire Beetle

Default crash

I found that when i put the eqlsClient file from this server in the eq folder , itr crashed, but when i replaced it back with original it went fine...
Old 07-11-2004, 11:59 AM
godblessgaming
Fire Beetle

OK my eqhosts file is correct, used the information provided by 'working eqhosts.txt' links. When I try and log in with my username/pw I hang on logging in please wait dialogue. I repatched to live and changed my host file again and tried it that way, now I just crash to desktop... is there any word on whats going on or how to fix it? I had EQEmu running about 3 months ago and it was great. Please some one with any amount of authority or recognition post something that makes sense to reconstitute my patience.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:02 PM
animepimp
Dragon

The latest patch is not compatible and will cause the login process to hang forever.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:21 PM
heywood74
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by animepimp
The latest patch is not compatible and will cause the login process to hang forever.
animepimp - Thanks for info. I am having that exact problem. is there anywhere I can see any update on the fix for the latest patch? Is there a location on the site where one could just go to in order to get a status? Or just read the boards?

I dont see anything in the news section on the homepage refering to fact that the new patch is uncompatible with eq emu. I figured that would be the place to look.

Thanks again
Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 PM
stormhalter
Fire Beetle

Not asking for an ETA, but how long does something like this usually take? Also, is there a way to run an offline LAN server instead of joining an online server? If there is, could anyone direct me into a direction, as far as getting the DB files for the zones and items, etc.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Zkhava
Hill Giant

LAN servers are fun , just look in the guides section or something

best to be something on it

heh
Old 07-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Anaksuun
Fire Beetle

Not sure if this has anything to do with that patch, but I just went through all the changes. And when I try to log in, it sits there for a sec, then I get a dialogue box that says "Error: a timeout has occured." I am supposed to be putting my username and password where the Station Name and password go, right? I created this account a couple wks ago, so I'm not sure if it's the June patch that's messing me up, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

{Edit} Read up some more and found out I'm SoL. :cry: