Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
TriniKrath
Fire Beetle

Default Upgraded from Titanium to SoF and now Crashing is all I know.

Alright so pretty much like the title says . . Upgraded from Titanium to SoF Client (yes I used the Discs) and though I played with no issues before now I can get to Server Select screen, everything starts loading up fine. Select my server of choice (have tried several so its not only one) and right as the Loading Bar would show up with its Background image, the game will crash, I do not get any error messages or annoying noises . . It just crashes out. I am about to uninstall and reinstall but any added imput would be appreciated because I have a second computer to upgrade the client on and would like to avoid an install time if I am gunna have to redo it all again anyways. Thanks for your time!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Does the server you're playing on support SoF clients? I can't see that causing a crash, but who knows.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 PM
TriniKrath
Fire Beetle

Yah, I only play on SoF client servers . . I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and still the same thing, no idea why I am crashing, I literally had NO problems before now. Not even a random DC now and again . . Played boxing multiple 3x+ accounts several times, I know my computer has the spec's to run it . . It just basically stopped loading after selecting the server. Again, I get no Error message at all. It just closes the client.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:37 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I think the uninstall process might leave some files behind, try deleting the whole everquest folder after uninstalling before you install SoF.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
trevius
Developer

When you install SoF, it is best to install it to a completely separate folder than your Titanium install, instead of using the same folder. If you want to use the same folder, then you must uninstall EQ completely and then delete the install folder completely as well before you install SoF. Otherwise, some of the Titanium files stay in there after the uninstall and cause problems like you are seeing when you install SoF.

Also, you may want to check into the multi-core CPU fixes if you have issues with connecting after you do a fresh install. Check the FAQ in my sig for dual-core CPU fixes.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniKrath View Post
I literally had NO problems before now. Not even a random DC now and again . . Played boxing multiple 3x+ accounts several times
So I guess the real question then is, if it wasn't broke, why did you fix it?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
trevius
Developer

Maybe because some servers are starting to introduce SoF content, and in some ways the client is just better than Titanium. There are still a couple issues like certain types of crashes that need to be worked out, but there are also some extra benefits to using it. Titanium is still more stable than SoF is, but hopefully resolving a few more SoF issues will put them on closer to even grounds as far as stability. If we can reach that point, then the SoF client will be quite a bit better than Titanium due to certain improvements. Even the look of the world overall is better, IMO (due to lighting and new rendering effects and such).