Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Default Pet's breaking mez

I did a search for Pet Mez and got no results, I figured that was a pretty wide search and to find nothing kind of surprised me. Since this is such a huge issue for pet classes in groups, I am sure it has come up by now. Could anyone enlighten me on the status of this bug?

In case it isn't clear, on live a pet used to break mez, but no longer does. It would tell you it couldn't attack.

Or is this a per-server issue?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

AFAIK pets (and bots for that matter) will not attack a mezzed mob. Perhaps you found a server with an old revision.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

I am on PEQ. For the record, I've never tried to /pet attack a mezzed mob. The pet attacking from its master being hit seems to be what causes the problem.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Cool, got moved but no more information.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcosner View Post
I did a search for Pet Mez and got no results, I figured that was a pretty wide search and to find nothing kind of surprised me.

Perhaps this was part of my search problem...

Quote:
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : pet, mez
Any ideas? A longer word for pet that someone would actually use while discussing problems with mez... sorry mesmerization? Maybe I could have tried "Gobartik Mesmerization"?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcosner View Post
Perhaps this was part of my search problem...

Any ideas? A longer word for pet that someone would actually use while discussing problems with mez... sorry mesmerization? Maybe I could have tried "Gobartik Mesmerization"?

Mesmerize brought back some results, none of which pertained to pets breaking mez though.

Although I did discover that apparently PEQ is not using the fix for mobs running off into outer space if they are mez'ed while running.