Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
monitor
Fire Beetle

Default Ssratemple crashes zone.

The server is working fine, but Ssratemple crashes the zone, losing the charachter in it. Anyone else get this or know why?

Cheers

Iain
Old 05-23-2010, 04:33 AM
KLS
Administrator

Could be many things. The most common crashes outside the ones we introduce in development are databases with missing tables. Having log files of crashed zones helps a lot to track issues down.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM
fredsbox
Fire Beetle

I had this same problem. It's a divide by zero issue due to an invalid db loot variable. Run this sql command and you should be golden:

Code:
update lootdrop_entries set chance=1 where chance=0;
Old 05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsbox View Post
I had this same problem. It's a divide by zero issue due to an invalid db loot variable. Run this sql command and you should be golden:

Code:
update lootdrop_entries set chance=1 where chance=0;
Thank you! you just solved an old puzzle for me - I could not figure out why my Gukbottom, and Guktop were always crashing for no reason. I went and followed the lootdrop_entries chance that had zero, sure enough Gukbottom had about a dozen and Guktop had 2-3. In my case, these were reminiscent of a merge we made years ago, and some merges went into the wrong tables with a setting of zero chance. I thought I had them all, but since they were set to zero chance, I figured it wouldn't matter .
You wouldn't believe all the time I spent with this detail.

Cavedude; you have six zero chance entries in PEQ database , in a fairly new PEQ I just checked - if you still have them, you need to fix, as I can assure you, this will crash the zone.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:30 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Hmmm:

Code:
mysql> select count(*) from lootdrop_entries where chance = 0;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|        0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.22 sec)
Maybe some other team member got them? I dunno, I didn't fix them. I have 0 in an older DB I have sourced as well.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Someone must have fixed them already (probably noticed the zero loots)- I had seen mine, just left them there since they where zero chance, tell I could verify if needed or not (I then forgot about them).

This PEQ DB I have I think was the beta team dump from 12/27/2009 - Maybe you noticed less zone crashes to certain zones?

Here's some of the zones those loots I found in the old PEQ were in;

Plane of Torment
Ssraeshza Temple
lakeofillomen
Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
monitor
Fire Beetle

Strange, tried it but still crashes booo, so ive disabled it for the time being.