Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 AM
darkonites3
Fire Beetle

Default Cmake building issues

Hello everyone im getting this error when i using cmake ive followed the dirrections just cant seem to get it to work any ideas? image posted below

Old 04-06-2013, 09:03 AM
joligario
Developer

I'm thinking you need to select a RELEASE build of some type and also you "probably need to select a different build tool."
Old 07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

Coding/server nublet here, I have been having the same issue as Darkonites here, I got in touch with him today and it seems he never resolved this issue either. To be sure, I will list what I have tried here and how I've approached the problem:

according to the most recent guide (here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rverSetupGuide)
I have done the following steps:

made the folders (C:\EQ and inside that Installs, EQEmuServer, Source, SQL)
installed all third party programs (tortiseSVN 1.8.0, MySQL 5.1, Git, heidiSQL, and cmake 2.8, Activestate Perl 5.12.3) Visual Studio 2010 Express was also grabbed in place of 2012 because I use a Windows XP machine and it cannot support .net 4.5 and as a result Visual Studio Express 2012

I have both Winzip and Winrar

I installed perl, restarted my computer and did the "ppm install DBI" which resopnded with a message saying there were no extra packages to be installed (which is OK from what I've read)

I installed mySQL 5.1 with developer tools checked
chose server machine
chose multifunctional database
clicked next on innodb page
selected Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
enabled tcp/ip networking and unticked enable strict mode
chose best support for multilingualism
chose install as windows service, and made sure to include "include bin directory in Windows PATH"
clicked execute
made a password
restarted my computer

Installed Microsoft Visual 2010 Express (this was the only download offered for 2010 without buying the software)

as stated above, I installed all third party programs

I did the git bash on my source folder and recieved the files .

Now then...

I opened CMake 2.8 gui

selected for "where is the source code" C:\EQ\Source
selected as my "where to build the binaries" C:\EQ\Source\Build

When I hit configure, I get the same message Darkonites gets (as seen in the screenshot here)

Now what I'm wondering is this: am I trying to use the wrong program? If so, is there an alternative for Windows? I have looked into some of the other options that are offered in the cmake menu aside from Visual Studio, and have tried Visual Studio 2008 only to get the same results. Am I missing something in my source folder possibly? I have googled this issue and found no solutions pertaining to it, and tried this forum reading into the cmake issues of others to make sure I wasn't being redundant on this subject, but when I found this post it was the closest thing to my issue, and after having consulted Darkonites it seems I must have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Raghnar
Fire Beetle

1) Does your Build directory actually exist?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

According to his screenshot the build directory should be intact. but double check it to be sure.

if the build is there then the issue lies in 2 places either your source that you downloaded is corrupt (not likely) or the more likely problem is using an older version of Visual studio. There may be a compatibility conflict between visual 2010 and 2012. althow your issue and darkonites issue are related hes using a different version of windows so his problem may be completely different than yours or it could be the same theres no concrete way to tell. Without being there in person its hard to decipher what could be going wrong. But I would triple check all of your work thus far and make sure you dot all your I's. chances are its something that got missed thats probobly really tiny but who knows. I wouldnt recommend doing this but Worst case scenario you will hafto compile your server with cmake and VS2012 on a windows 7 computer. Or install windows 7 on your server your trying to setup. Will this solve the problem? Can't be sure but it is an option I would keep available if worse comes to worse.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:26 PM
sorvani
Dragon

prior to the lua merge i know that 2010 professional worked just fine as I built multiple versions of test servers with it.

I also built a brand new server last night but i used 2012 and had no issues that were not self inflicted, until I actually launched the server. At that point I found an issue with the new peq daily dump database. Post about it on the peq forums: http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14037

did you download the dependencies? http://eqemu.github.io/
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

Hey everyone

Thanks for the speedy responses I have downloaded the dependencies and made sure the build folder exists but this didn't change the outcome. Its not really clear what the issue is so I'm going to keep looking into it, and if I figure out what I missed or how I can fix the issue I'll post it here.

thanks again
Old 07-08-2013, 12:24 AM
KLS
Administrator

It can't find your VC compiler.

Try this:

1) Delete your build folder and configure to create it there again.

2) Hit configure and instead of selecting Visual Studio 10 solution like you normally would. There's a radio box "Specify Native Compiler". That will bring you to a screen with some boxes for compiler locations: you only care about C and C++ compiler here. You need to put in the absolute location of your cl.exe for both.

For me on Windows 7 for 2010 Ultimate it's:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe

WindowsXP is *probably*:
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe

You should search for it though and fill those boxes in and click finish. If you can't find cl.exe then something is screwed up with your install.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 AM
rudeboy88
Sarnak

lol, ok I figured it out here.

When I downloaded Visual Studio I got Visual Studio 2010 EXPRESS, which did not have anything in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/ besides I believe a single dll file within a folder. So I went and got a copy of 2010 professional (which I now have 30 days on atm before needing to register hehe) at first it didn't work because I didn't uninstall express before installing professional, so some things were different versions than others. (doh )

So I uninstalled express and professional, restarted, installed professional again and everything in cmake worked fine.

Thanks again for the suggestions and thanks KLS
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
sorvani
Dragon

You can use express, not sure if you need to install some service packs or something.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 AM
sorvani
Dragon

I updated the build on my laptop tonight to use LUA. Deleted the cache, then clicked configure, checked lua, clicked configure, seen this, clicked generate. Everything worked.