Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
LOL, did Cripp accidentally hit "edit post" instead of quote? Looks like he removed Secret's post and put his own, but I could be wrong :P
Yeah, I guess it was headed down the wrong path :P

I didn't want another eqclassic vs the world thread.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
TheLieka
Developer

*cough* www.pwnedemu.com *cough*

Just sayin...

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 07-03-2008, 12:41 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Let's derail it in a positive fashion, then -- Happy birthday, Secrets =P
Old 07-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Kimaera
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka View Post
*cough* www.pwnedemu.com *cough*

Just sayin...

Dax
I like VZ/TZ but i everytime i try to get to Oasis i get disconnected. Any clue why?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:37 AM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Post on our forums the exact problem. People get disconnected a lot trying to three box (only two characters per IP allowed) and currently people are experiencing disconnection issues due to trying to log in two characters on the same account (not allowed anymore). If its not one of those, our experienced devs and general population can help you diagnose the problem further.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 AM
hawkaya99
Fire Beetle

Default classic

I looked at pwnedemu.com but pvp is not really classic in the sense that I liked it. Pvp servers never really did very well. I prefer pve. And I also noticed that tallon/vallon server on that site uses maps. In old eq i never used maps, I had to learn the zone myself and I liked it that way. Why do mmos have to think for me, I want to do some of the thinking by myself because for me that's fun. And I want to sell what I know to others through various means so i don't want to play on a server where knowing your thing is just an option. Knowing your thing should be a prerequisite to excelling and becoming popular for it. That's one thing that I remember about classic eq, you really had identity because whatever you chose to become was immensely valuable to others. I think it was that dependency players on eachother that drove many to reject it - out of concern for convenience. And thus you have what we have today in the most popular mmorpgs like wow. They hold your hand and make you godlike. You don't have to depend on your fellow man anymore. And hte software does whatever it can for you, you think less as a result - like gps maps which give you all you want and more, /follow commands, and other such things that are considered necessary in a modern mmorpg. Player interaction is considerd too tedious along with other things where players are expected to pay attention, unless it's just for chatting or goofing off or is something completely optional with no affect on anything whatsoever. You can be your own community, you can be your own economy, you can be your own god. I know some people like these things for the convenience. Life is many times unfair and we don't have time for things like corpse runs and trackers and clerics and what have you. We have to move forward fast in the fast paced life of the real world. But this world should be big enough for a few servers where player interdependency is not spat upon and junked as though it were unnecessary and outdated. It was exactly that thing I believe that made old eq so much of a treasuer in my memory. I enjoyed it so much, along with discovering lore and new things within zones and being in awe of the excellent roleplayers, that everything else about classic eq, like hte slow levelling and rezzes, was never once a concern to me. It wasn't! If it was, my attitude and tone would be quite a bit different, and I don't have to attest to it for I know it to be a fact. And that is all that matters to me. Now I know for others they had a differnet experience, as I can see from reading these forums and others. I know how you feeel about this mater. But this is my opinion, and I have stated it. Good fortune to you all, thank you for reading.

Now if a classic server comes up that I feel is accurate enough in hte way i lok for and offers enough new content along with it, I'll be happy. I don't feel replicating what once was does old everquest justice. It was because it was new and that we all depended on eachother that it still means what it means to me. It would not be the same for me to go back to a zone I've been to half a million times. Sure, I'd try, ofcourse i would, but I'd rather have a new qeynos, a new sewer system, a new qeynos hills, a new world where I can reexperience similar game mechanics but with a fresh exciting pristine comprehensive simple beautifull world where I can become thoroughly immersed in my character. Yes, those descriptors are necessary because I don't know how to explain the beauty of a world when it's well constructed
Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Vae
Fire Beetle

tl;dr

/five

Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
ozme
Sarnak

Default Keeper of the vale

Were are legit/custom server. visit http://keeperofthevale.dyndns.org