Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 AM
inkface
Fire Beetle

Default Vallon/Tallon Zek PvP Server, FAIL

There needs to be a new PvP Server

I was a GM on there to validate the playable of this server and well it failed.
All the players run MQ and GM focus on cheating GMs rather then content.
The head GM is a returning cheating GM, who happened to get control fo server after owners dumped it.

1.) (Trevius Edit: Name Calling, Drama, Flaming, whatever is not allowed on these forums)

2.) GM spend most time spying on lower guys like me then doing work towards server because of GM liek Void who got fired for giving shit to RL brother.

3.) Noone cares, they all want power and shit. This is a emulator server, a (Trevius Edit: Name Calling is not allowed on these forums) GM leadership who wants to boss people around because they are grunts at work.

4.) Talk down to people, cuzz out players, I have witnessed it all from the staff here, although some arent as bad as the rest.

5.) People like me who log on to help enforce the rules THEY set up, get in trouble because they change there mind, well whatever.

6.) GM entrap people, set up traps, instead of solving the problem with MQ.

7.) Enforce dumbass rules like saying (Trevius Edit: rules are enforced on these forums, so don't break them to give examples)

Saya and PUma seem to be legit GM but Sirken, Im not sure, he is mad at Voidd because he is in control, and I also suspect Sirken of biased behavior. All the GM drink, petitions get deleted randomly.

Its a cluster, server is a bust, am I am thinking of setting up a new PVP server because this administration leadership is lacking leadership.

Last edited by trevius; 02-27-2010 at 05:11 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 01:34 AM
cybernine186
Sarnak

Another satisfied customer.......

Oh yea coming from a guy who offered money to be a GM.....
Old 02-27-2010, 01:38 AM
inkface
Fire Beetle

Don't troll my post, another one your downfalls. I offer to help pay the server costs, to tell you I wanted to help but yet, you lack the abliity to lead and want to cheat without me noticing, your server is a bust.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkface View Post
Trevius Edit: Removed the quote so I don't have to edit it here as well :P
Please keep your feedback constructive. I do not want flaming from either side.

Last edited by trevius; 02-27-2010 at 05:14 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

After consideration I am going to open this thread, under the conditions that both parties agree to remain civil.

Please keep it clean.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
cybernine186
Sarnak

My apologies on behalf of the staff ...

http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?...-of-the-staff-
Old 02-27-2010, 05:17 AM
trevius
Developer

Inkface, please refrain from breaking the rules of these forums. Secrets already mentioned why. Don't bring your grudge/drama here as these are peaceful and informational forums, not a flame-fest. I am >< close to removing this thread completely.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Precisely why PvPers suck

Takes a special kind of hatred to run around killing others all day for fun!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

PvP servers have these issues and it always boils down to the cheaters or unfair GM treatment. The PvPlayers scream loudly complaining about anything and everything to explain why they died in a particular engagement. I wish best of luck to TVZek and all... I just think MQ ruins the goal of pvp servers and everyone has it.

Someone determined enough needs to step up to the plate and create some sort of 3rd party authentication program required to play on their server that would act like WoW's warden. I'm convinced it would weed out a fair 90% of average MQers who use a precompiled version. I do know that Yeorpwned (Bane of Life Server) was working on this but I don't know how far he's come along.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
inkface
Fire Beetle

Funny, I only offered to help pay to show I wanted to help server lol, nice word twisting.

/cheer

BTW, I apoligized for the way my OP came off, I was mearly wanting to give a review for potiential players, but my anger got best of me. After sending two weeks on server helping, I get let go and no reason/chance to explain my actions. That would make any volunteer man.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
inkface
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Precisely why PvPers suck

Takes a special kind of hatred to run around killing others all day for fun!
Sorry be posting on eq2emulator site, was a mistake has wrong window open, glad it go removed
Old 02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
whitebandit
Fire Beetle

I know why there cant be a normal PVP server that is successfully run. Majority of the people that play there cant control themselves let alone a server of people, bad tempers, foul attitudes.. etc.

so first things first. if people want an adult pvp server, Grow up.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
blotto
Fire Beetle

Some guys are working on a legit pvp server, should be up in the next week.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
fonzorelli1
Fire Beetle

wow.

my name is Sirken, i am a GM on the VZ/TZ Server, and since the thread was re-opened, i'd like to explain a few things here.

1) first of all, its a pvp server. 90% of all players feel they were cheated if they lose any fight. defeat is a hard thing to admit for some.

2) all servers have kids using MQ. on blue servers like PEQ, or p1999, players arent using MQ against each other in regular pvp combat, so A) it goes largely unnoticed, and B) largely unreported.

3) yes. we absolutely spend time monitoring the activities of any and all new staff members. especially strangers (like you) to the community. 1 bad GM can cause more damage than 100 players. furthermore, lets not forget that you were caught cheating.

4) You Got Caught Cheating you were logging on multiple accounts, and you were playing (which is against staff rules) from behind a proxy, so you obviously knew what you were doing was wrong.

5) actually, i do not drink. if i recall correctly, you were the one that was "drunk on wine" and started summoning players out of a raid party in the middle of their raid without legit reasoning or warning, while a simple /tell would have sufficed.

6) yes, we have rules against people dropping extremely ignorant racial slurs in our public channels, and we enforce our rules. i know what your thinking, just who do we think we are when we believe our players shouldnt have to endure racial badgering from anyone on the server, that includes players and staff.

7) yes, the GMs trap people to catch them using MQ. its called a sting, and we've been doing them for over a year. we have something in place that crashes most MQ, however, there are ways around that. so, we set up stings on suspected players. furthermore, any player that feels wronged by the staff, has the option (as per the rules) to dispute the ruling. final conclusions.. don't use MQ, period.

as far as the rest of the staff, i am VERY PROUD to be on this staff and to know that each one of us follow the posted staff rules, and furthermore that this staff will remove corrupt and/or cheating GMs instantly.

oh, and if you honestly think im cheating, or bias, feel free to contact our head GM (Voidd) and file a report against me, i would absolutely welcome it.

please also feel free to ask the community about me, im very confident that players of all factions will tell you that while i have zero tolerance for rule breaking, im extremely fair in dealing with players. sadly for you, i have no patience for people that join the staff in an attempt to turn the server into their personal play land. we on this staff all take this server very very seriously, and you do not.

<3
GM Sirken
VZ/TZ Staff
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM
guilly2121
Fire Beetle

I just started this server theres a lot of cool people... Just don't be light of heart if you play a pvp server hehe.
Closed Thread