Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
eqtest4
Fire Beetle

Default Original CT

Is it possible under the current PEQ database to enable the original Cazic Thule zone by flipping some switch in the database? I'm working on a Classic server with a few twists and I wanted this zone included. I know Nilbog has put together a great reproduction on project 1999, but I think he did this through researching and memory.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
So_1337
Dragon

The original CT isn't currently supported by the PEQ database.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM
eqtest4
Fire Beetle

Any particular reason why not? I know that there are a few zones that have multiple versions.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqtest4 View Post
Any particular reason why not? I know that there are a few zones that have multiple versions.
I have the zone populated without loot if the EQEmu community wants it. Also, there are no grids or anything. Just spawns.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
jenco420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I have the zone populated without loot if the EQEmu community wants it. Also, there are no grids or anything. Just spawns.
That's be awesome!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I haven't looked but there arn't entries for this zone in the Kunark/Velious only PEQ database or the ax classic database? I'd be shocked if one of them didn't already have it.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
I haven't looked but there arn't entries for this zone in the Kunark/Velious only PEQ database or the ax classic database? I'd be shocked if one of them didn't already have it.
I actually extracted the stuff from tcsmyworld's archaic DB. He also has a livelike cshome in there. They were missing fluffy though. :(
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
by flipping some switch in the database?
I would have definitely used the switch if one was available :p
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 AM
So_1337
Dragon

If the database entries were provided, I'm sure PEQ would be all for incorporating it. I put the work into getting VP 1.0 working with the spawn conditions so that they could easily be toggled between VP 1.0 or 2.0, just takes a lot of work =X Sounds like Secrets at least has something to start from.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

It's a pain in the butt to merge, but certainly if the sqls are provided, I'll merge into the current PEQ db as a spawn_condition.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
It's a pain in the butt to merge, but certainly if the sqls are provided, I'll merge into the current PEQ db as a spawn_condition.
I'll have it ready as soon as my hosting company gets my box back up >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
If the database entries were provided, I'm sure PEQ would be all for incorporating it. I put the work into getting VP 1.0 working with the spawn conditions so that they could easily be toggled between VP 1.0 or 2.0, just takes a lot of work =X Sounds like Secrets at least has something to start from.
Yes, anyone can get it, it takes a bit of digging, however, CT 1.0 is in the old ProjectEQ (5.2 eqemu) release.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I'd be willing to work with the data if I can find it. For the VP stuff, it really amounted to a lot of re-ordering IDs and populating the extra columns that were missing between versions.

And sorry, I know you've got plenty on your plate CD. I didn't mean to be so cavalier about volunteering you for more work =X I'll see if I get some time here soon for it.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Furinex
Hill Giant

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I would like to know, what ever came of this? Would love to see classic CT back again. Best zone ever
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

If you want a more complete classic cazic thule or classic lavastorm zone, you may want to check out the axclassic database, as they seem to have most of it finished. It may be a complicated process to an extent to import the data to a peq database however due to the differences between the two.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Clumsy's World runs CT 1.0 and VP 1.0.