Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Default Classic/Kunark/Velious server?

Ok, so, my old guildmates and I were playing on the ill-fated Sleeper server. It became pretty obvious to us early on that this was a doomed effort, but we did come out of it with some interesting ideas. We're thinking about starting up a classic thru Velious server. At the moment I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about that.

As of now I have loaded up PEQ's database with the latest code. I have also tried a couple other databases I've come across, but naturally none of them are exactly what we're after.

My question is this; Is there a database somewhere that's just classic thru SoV that runs on eqemu 0.8.0? I know PEQ released one based on eqemu 0.6.0, but with that being as old as it is, the database won't even run on a current version of MySQL without a ton of schema updates (which I haven't had any real luck with).

Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
wtbmacestun
Fire Beetle

No there isnt. You should just ask Kegz for a copy of his, seeing as his is the closest youre going to find and from someone that would be willing to give it to you...
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Tyen05
Discordant

Be nice if the eqemu project manager let his p99 source avail for others.

You would think it would strengthen the project...
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

If you release the P99 source, I'd wager people will reverse engineer all the anti-hacking progress they've made, amongst other things. The best I'd hope for seeing P99 as a stand-alone download is after the server goes down.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Envisage
Sarnak

We are working on something similar at the moment. The only database we really found suitable to start with was PEQ's latest.

I have db admin that pretty much works on ours 12 hours a day. Its just now finally getting to the point where its alpha ready. Thats for classic only. There are so many problems and heartaches to making a classic server. Our server is so close to alpha, and still need the clientside dll done. Which I have tried to do but it looks like I'm going to have to dump at least 2k in to get it done. I've got the map off and other things that aren't classic working but the list for the dll keep growing.

If you guys have any skills at all PM me. We are looking for staff or even someone who can code better than me. I'm great at combat code etc... just not windows programming.

Getting the p99 source is never gonna happen.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Envisage
Sarnak

Not trying to squish your ideas of making a server, its just a lot more work than it looks like or even sounds like. The db is the easiest thing your going to come across. As long as you have someone dedicated to do the entry and checking. Wouldn't worry to much about the db start working on the server you'll see what I mean.

If you have someone dedicated to doing the DB, by the time you get fixes for things that are wrong you'll see what I mean you have time. Honestly I'd say 1 month is the minimum to get a server even ready for alpha. There's just a lot that needs done. Thats if your serious. Somethings could be let go but me if its not right, then it has to be fixed. Half assed servers more than likely would never attract any players.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Cowboy6534
Sarnak

Kegz put his server code up on his github.