Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:03 PM
vsab
Discordant

Default Fresh Debian 7 install, tutorialb npc's partially under world

So, completely fresh pull from git, source in latest peq database, sourced all required sql since July 2014. Running on Debian 7.

Created .map and .wtr files using the files in my UF client folder and latest release of zone-utils. Copied them over from Windoze to linux. (at first I used the ones in svn but figured they might be out of date).

With the Underfoot client (don't have any others on this pc so don't know if all affected), when I create a new character both the character and the NPC's are half under the world -as a result the pc can't move.

Must admit I haven't checked other zones but it's too late now (past midnight ) :P

Do I need to create the map files on linux to use on linux, or is there some other issue? I haven't changed any db settings to do with z axis, presuming defaults should be ok for now.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Path files perhaps?
Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 AM
vsab
Discordant

I think the path files are for movement - these mobs are static (couldn't move to see the pathing ones!). Saw elsewhere to try the #bestz command to see if maps are actually loaded. It might be something silly like me misspelling the link to the maps directory, although the redirect seemed to work in bash.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:54 AM
vsab
Discordant

I totally n00bed it. Recompiled but forgot to copy the new binaries to my server folder >.<

Tags
linux, map, peq, z-axis