Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:27 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Question Guild Creation DB Error

My players can make guilds and invite others. They need to zone or relog to get it to register them or their bots, but this keeps popping up on the GM account and I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

The guild windows aren't populating and some of the guild features aren't working but they do seem to be forming correctly and added the players to the database.

I assume something is missing from the database tables but I wouldn't know where or what to add as the current table for guilds seems populated correctly.

Thoughts?
Old 10-16-2021, 05:52 PM
joligario
Developer

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...ft_deletes.sql
Old 10-16-2021, 06:25 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
I appreciate the response but I do not understand what you're trying to direct me to do with this information. Are you directing me to delete these columns?

These columns already exist in the database for character_data.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:01 PM
joligario
Developer

Ok, so that is bots. Looks like the deleted_at would need to apply to those tables/views.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:34 AM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Ok, so that is bots. Looks like the deleted_at would need to apply to those tables/views.
Thank you for the help. Just to make sure I understand as MySQL is not my forte or something I work in regularly and I'd rather not mess up the database:

My understanding is that the table "vw_bot_character_mobs" is missing the "deleted_at" column. Running the following should fix this?

Code:
ALTER TABLE `vw_bot_character_mobs` ADD COLUMN `deleted_at` datetime NULL DEFAULT NULL;
Would I also have to apply this to the "vw_guild_members" table as well?
Old 10-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Could you please define what tables/views specifically you're telling me to add "deleted_at" to? I assume 'bot_data' but I don't want to just go randomly adding stuff to the database.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:33 PM
joligario
Developer

I don't run bots, but it looks like those two views. Adding that column wouldn't break anything.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:04 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garral View Post
Could you please define what tables/views specifically you're telling me to add "deleted_at" to? I assume 'bot_data' but I don't want to just go randomly adding stuff to the database.
vw_bot_character_mobs ---This is the table, it is located under Views.

My database has 4 tables under this heading "vw_bot_character_mobs", "vw_bot_groups", "vw_groups", and "vw_guild_members". You only need to add the deleted_at to "vw_bot_character_mobs".
Old 10-29-2021, 05:19 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerella View Post
vw_bot_character_mobs ---This is the table, it is located under Views.

My database has 4 tables under this heading "vw_bot_character_mobs", "vw_bot_groups", "vw_groups", and "vw_guild_members". You only need to add the deleted_at to "vw_bot_character_mobs".
I admit my knowledge of MySQL is limited.

I am under the impression that the view pulls that information from the table. When I attempted to add the 'deleted_at' to the 'vw_bot_character_mobs' view it told me it couldn't add it. I was going to add 'deleted_at' to the 'bot_data' table as it seems that is where it's pulling the info from.

Either I'm trying to add it to the wrong location or I'm using the wrong syntax to edit the view.

I appreciate the hell out of the information and help you're all providing!

Tags
database, guild