Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Default ProjectEQ Daily Dump

I finally got around to implementing a public daily dump of our database, quests, and phpeditor. You can find it here: http://peqtgc.com/releases

If the webserver is down for whatever reason, the direct long link is: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...p=sharing#list

The SVN for quests (https://code.google.com/p/projecteqquests/) and PEQPHPEditor (https://code.google.com/p/peqphpeditor/) will still be used by the team to develop, so if you are setup to use those feel free to continue to do so. However, the only purpose of the database SVN was to provide releases, so this new system effectively renders it obsolete. I'll keep it up for reference, but it will no longer be used by me.

Just a couple of notes, PEQ will no longer be providing updates to the user tables (character_, account, quest_globals, rules_values, etc.) These updates are handled by the EQEmu git repo in the utils/sql/git folder, by the developers that require those changes. It is also important to note that the user table sql included in the daily dump is ONLY meant for fresh installs. DO NOT source that into an existing database if you value your character data! You want to source the large peqbeta file into your database to get the newest content.

Also, due to the nature of how PEQ is developed, please be aware that the database and quests may not always be 100% compatible with the current EQEmu master branch on git. Some days it may be behind if I haven't had a chance to update PEQ yet. But often, PEQ may be running off a branch instead of Master (for example, PEQ currently is on the Lua branch and our quests reflect that.) Or, there may be times when PEQ is running code that requires a DB/quest change that is not major enough to require a branch but has not yet made it into Git. Please also know there may be more bugs in the daily dumps than the somewhat polished SVN releases I used to do. It's just the nature of the beast, and something that happens with daily dumps of software that is actively being developed.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Dumps are good... Nice job CD!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

This is great stuff Cavedude
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quick note for someone starting a new database with the daily dump. I ran into an issue with the startup. I also posted this in the PEQ forums thread here.

Quote:
Setup a test server this evening and using the new daily DB the launcher table caused me a problem.

Under the old system, the launcher table had column name with value zone and column dynamics with value 5
The new dump had peq in the name and dynamics of 40.

The dynamics would not have bothered my but the name change caused the zones to never launch as the start.bat file that most people have from the various guides says to use "start eqlaunch.exe zone"
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

Any chance the user_tables can have the auto increments reset to 1, some are pretty high, ex, player corpses, characters_...More a pet peeve than anything..Just feel uncomfortable truncating and Alter table Auto increment does not reset on innodb...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 PM
knowom
Discordant

The gz archive gives a copy fail error on peqbeta_2013-09-30-02_01.tar if you try to manually drag and drop copy them into a folder using 7zip, but if works fine with the extract button.

Just pointing it out in case anyone encounters this issue whether it's this build or future one.

On a side note I took the files and added them to a 7z archive and compared file sizes gz archive 26.7mb vs 7z archive 18.4mb fixed the drag and copy issue as well 7z FTW!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:29 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I wouldn't expect the archive file format to change (unless to tar.bz2 or tar.xz) since the are done on a linux box, I don't think 7zip plays as friendly with them. Also keeping the file in a 7zip after adding it to your DB is a little pointless, just delete them :P
Old 10-01-2013, 12:11 AM
sorvani
Dragon

i open them with 7zip all the time. no idea what your problem is.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:34 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
i open them with 7zip all the time. no idea what your problem is.
I think he's talking about how he drags the tar file out and it complains, where he should just double click the tar again to get to the files.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:50 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
I think he's talking about how he drags the tar file out and it complains, where he should just double click the tar again to get to the files.
This is the error message "Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."
Method 1: If you click on the files within the archives and try to drag and drop them into a folder two files will give that error peqbeta_2013-09-30-02_01.sql and source_views.sql gave.
Method 2: If you use the extract button in 7zip to extract the files to a folder instead of the drag and drop method it goes without a hitch and you don't get a error.

Basically method 1 drag and drop gives a error, but method 2 extract doesn't is all I was saying or does for me. I only pointed it out as it seemed like it was maybe corrupted or fragmented some how I'm pretty certain it's specific to just peqbeta_2013-09-30-02_01.tar the other tar archives worked like they should. I'm just saying if anyone comes across this problem with a archive try method 1 or method 2 if one or the other doesn't work and gives you a error message because if your lucky it might solve whatever the problem was it did for me in this case at least.

"sorvani" - I open stuff with 7zip all the time as well without problems. I think this was just a rare instance glitch. I got it to work regardless so all's well that ends well.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The compression won't ever be changing, unless as demonstar55 stated it's to another *nix format. The reason is very simple, these formats preserve the files' ownership and group information. They also come stock on nearly every Linux distro, they are very fast, and use minimal resources. All the development work on PEQ and for myself locally are done on Linux boxes, so the choice is made for me pretty much.

Not being able to drag and drop is typical with 7zip, it's a very buggy client. WinRar works better when dealing with *nix formats, that's what I use when I have to toggle files back and forth.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:01 AM
superemu
Sarnak

As far as I can tell, the project eq database on google code (https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ThIMENvWTA2VDA) was last updated in August of 2015. Is that truly the most recently updated database archive?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

This is not a "formal" release, but the dump where update edits go.
Its where I got mine.
http://edit.peqtgc.com/weekly/
Old 10-03-2016, 02:52 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Ah ha! Thanks. I'll check that out.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:54 AM
jdestefx
Fire Beetle

This entire thread should be nuked. It's outdated info and most of the links don't even work.