Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
fdraven
Fire Beetle

Default Lost Chars

Hey all, wonder if someone could give me a helping hand. I had everything working fine till I sourced in the new code peq 1070. When I did this I lost all chars that were created, ruleset is gone and my variables got wiped. Does anyone have any idea how to get this stuff back without starting at ground zero? What did I do wrong so I will know next time. Also the sql db shows everything under my peqdb as could not fetch columns? so i cant even add variables or permissions now.
Thankyou
Fdraven
Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdraven View Post
Hey all, wonder if someone could give me a helping could not fetch columns? so i cant even add variables or permissions now.
Thankyou
Fdraven

Please provide output of statement SHOW GRANTS .
remove any passwords ...

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
fdraven
Fire Beetle

Default Output

I dont know exactly what you mean, i reloaded the source files and now it shows things in the database and doesnt tell me it cant fetch the columns, but I still cannot edit anything, like to redo the variables table and what not.
Fdraven
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

If you executed 'load_empty_users.sql' or 'drop_users.sql' then data are lost i'm afraid. Otherwise data should still be there, but you lost permissions somehow.

You need to back up you tables first. DL 'MySQL Front' and examine you database.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default .

if that don't work go to start /run/cmd.exe
mysql -u yourusername -pyourpass

show grants;

it should come back saying someone has permission to look/edit the sql server.

if you can't log in your permissions were deleted.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM
fdraven
Fire Beetle

Default Hmm

Okay your rite my permissions arent there anymore. I went into sql admin and redid my permissions but then when i go to query browser it doesnt show the peq database? any ideas on how to fix this? the original user name was root or thats what I have been using, now that is in the sql admin but I cannot issue anything with it for some reason, everythings blanked out.
Fdraven
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
fdraven
Fire Beetle

Default okay

figured how to set the premissions in admin, now i can see the peq database, but as with root as i said above I still cannot edit anything in the tables?
Fdraven
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default sql

Quote:
figured how to set the premissions in admin, now i can see the peq database, but as with root as i said above I still cannot edit anything in the tables?
Fdraven
mysql> SELECT Host,User FROM user;

You mustn't use the root user for security reasons. Instead, create or use another account. Create a new account if necessary. To do this:

If EQEmu will be running on THIS computer:
mysql> insert into user set Host='localhost', User='eqemu', Password=password('eqpassword');
(replace "eqemu" with your desired username and "eqpassword" with the desired password for the account)

If EQEmu will be running on ANOTHER computer:
mysql> insert into user set Host='192.168.0.100', User='eqemu', Password=password('eqpassword');
(replace "192.168.0.100" with the IP address of the EQEmu server, "eqemu" with your desired username, and "eqpassword" with the desired password for the account)

PS: I stole this from the wiki I hope the wiki Guard don't catch me!
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=MySQLSetup

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

a better way to do this is via the "GRANT" command:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...ing-users.html

something like:

GRANT ALL on eqemu_database_name.* to 'the_user_name_you_want'@'the_host_name' identified by 'this_users_password';

that way you create the privs along with the user in question, and they have access to the tables of your database from the specified host (use localhost if you're running mysql on the same host as your emu server).

hope this helps

== sfisque

ps: dont forget to "flush privileges" afterwards or the new login wont be active yet.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Cool

[QUOTE=sfisque;140885]a better way to do this is via the "GRANT" command:

[QUOTE]

the Wiki is incorrect hmmm go figgure.
yes thats a Differant way but mine is faster...

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
fdraven
Fire Beetle

Default Jeesh

Okay im getting so annoyed lol, i did the grant access thing, flushed it and all that, now I am back to where the sql query browser says"cannot fetch columns" under everything in the peq database as well as the other db's that are there. I even went into the administrator package, shows the user i set up as well as the old root one, and down at the bottom where you can look at the catalog's it also says cannot fetch columns. Any ideas?
Fdraven
Old 12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Okay im getting so annoyed lol, i did the grant access thing, flushed it and all that, now I am back to where the sql query browser says"cannot fetch columns" under everything in the peq database as well as the other db's that are there. I even went into the administrator package, shows the user i set up as well as the old root one, and down at the bottom where you can look at the catalog's it also says cannot fetch columns. Any ideas?
Fdraven

Just reinstall mysql and everything will work that happened to me once and thats how I fixed it after 3 days of working on it i gave up and reinstalled.

www.cheaterz.info