Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:30 PM
fzzzty
Fire Beetle

Default DB view vwMercNpcTypes

Is the vwMercNpcTypes view used at all? I don't see any references to it in the repo anywhere. There is a race condition in the SQL scripts that either requires this to be disabled, or have previous scripts altered. The former seems like the better solution (just commenting it out in the manifest).

Edit: I guess it's more a catch-22 than a race condition. :P
Old 07-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Uleat
Developer

I didn't see any references to 'vwMercNpcTypes ' in the manifest..can you expound on the issue?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-06-2016, 07:41 PM
fzzzty
Fire Beetle

P.S. I wish there were a general forum for questions about running a server that aren't OS-specific.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM
fzzzty
Fire Beetle

It's in 2014_12_26, it alters a misspelled column name and updates a view to use them, however that view doesn't exist, and the columns have been fixed in the PEQ DB (I dunno when that happened). I'm testing in a branch that disables that update and will do a pull req if it all works (I don't expect it not to), but I wasn't sure if it would cause issues elsewhere not having that view.

The PEQ files include a source_views.sql file with that view in it, but it seems to be old and also uses the misspelled column names, and their readme says it isn't used...

Edit: Here is a link

Edit 2: I got on this path because that DROP VIEW line errors out for me, however the entire migration is basically irrelevant now that it's fixed in the PEQ file, as far as I can tell.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Uleat
Developer

Pretty sure the database being offered is newer than that date..which is why the field would already be updated.

The problem probably lies with the db dump process..and I speculate that they are not setup for dumping views. (I ran into this with the bot views - maybe it was
functions - and backups.)

We probably need to provide an optional script for adding that view in cases where it is not present and the trigger has already been applied.

Thanks for posting the date on that..I have the manifest loaded in Notepad++ and did a find for that view name and found no results..odd...

Compilin' Dirty