Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default One GM Skill Trainer for all?

Hi There!

I was searching and looking through Trainer quests and there are some interesting ones posted that train skills for a price or set all skills to a certain lvl, etc.

I am looking for a quest to add a GM Trainer that is like 'one size fits all' kinda thing. He should be able to train all classes and races but only the skills that particular race/class/level can train from their own class trainer. And up to the number of skill points they have.

Is such a quest script possible and if one already exists somewhere would you link it here please? I searched and browsed the custom quests and completed quests but if such a script exists, I must have missed it or it is not coming up on my searches.

If this isn't already done I suppose I could just spawn a trainer for each class and/or a special trainer for special skills available only to certain races like tinkering.

I am hoping to find an easier way to do that however. LOL. My thanks if you can assist me with this.

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I suppose one could be made using quest objects. If you notice you can use these particular functions in a script:

Code:
$client->GetSkillPoints();
Which would return how many skill points they have available.

Code:
$client->IncreaseSkill(skill_id,value);
Which increases a particular skill at whatever value you wanted.

You would end up using quite a few If statements filtering which class is talking to the NPC and checking to make sure they have skill points available. Then after they learn the skill you would use use:

Code:
$client->SetSkillPoints(value);
Of course you would need to make sure you calculate a formula for the number you set their skill points to. You could use your variable where you define how many skill points they have and then subtract 1 from that within the parentheses for the above quest object.

It would be a rather long script, but it can be done. Here is a list for you of the IDs for the skills as well.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=SkillList

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
I suppose one could be made using quest objects. If you notice you can use these particular functions in a script:

Code:
$client->GetSkillPoints();
Which would return how many skill points they have available.

Code:
$client->IncreaseSkill(skill_id,value);
Which increases a particular skill at whatever value you wanted.

You would end up using quite a few If statements filtering which class is talking to the NPC and checking to make sure they have skill points available. Then after they learn the skill you would use use:

Code:
$client->SetSkillPoints(value);
Of course you would need to make sure you calculate a formula for the number you set their skill points to. You could use your variable where you define how many skill points they have and then subtract 1 from that within the parentheses for the above quest object.

It would be a rather long script, but it can be done. Here is a list for you of the IDs for the skills as well.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=SkillList
Thanks!

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!