Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Darkheat
Fire Beetle

Default command question

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question, if not please move this thread to the right area.

I remember when I was a guide+ and Senior Guide on Live, there was a /becomeNPC command which made the guide become a NPC character. This was fun for the guides and players because you could interact with players as a NPC and when they attacked you and killed you, you would drop loot. I was just wondering if there was any command like this on the emulator?

Thanks

Darkheat
Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
mastajon
Sarnak

You can just spawn an npc and use the #npcsay command to talk through the npc. make sure you are hidden via #gm hideme on i think the command is(requires zone to be invis) that way you can chat as if you were the npc.

hope this helps
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastajon View Post
You can just spawn an npc and use the #npcsay command to talk through the npc. make sure you are hidden via #gm hideme on i think the command is(requires zone to be invis) that way you can chat as if you were the npc.

hope this helps
Although you can work a beat around way of doing that with what Mast said, it would be really nice to be able to play a NPC in terms of running GM events. You could do a lot of neat stuff with that 8 D.