Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:53 AM
bolvar
Fire Beetle

Default eqawakened DO NOT PLAY HERE

starting out on this server i instantly realized it was just a copy of ultimate eq or kimuras server and when i was trying to get help in OOC the gm narian decided to mute and ban my account for no reason. after he banned me i made a new character on another account and this time he changed my name and banned my account again im just letting the people know DO NOT PLAY HERE unless u like power hungry gms and getting banned for no reason. i was only asking why mobs at level 1 are unkillable unless u get twink gear and the gm was rude and disgusting to me

avoid at all costs
Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Bonehard
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolvar View Post
starting out on this server i instantly realized it was just a copy of ultimate eq or kimuras server and when i was trying to get help in OOC the gm narian decided to mute and ban my account for no reason. after he banned me i made a new character on another account and this time he changed my name and banned my account again im just letting the people know DO NOT PLAY HERE unless u like power hungry gms and getting banned for no reason. i was only asking why mobs at level 1 are unkillable unless u get twink gear and the gm was rude and disgusting to me

avoid at all costs
Thats not true.
I was there and some other people. you was crying arround that you where not able to kill a mob.
Than you said the server is garbage.
After this you where asking about gear in ooc.
You where acting like a child in ooc thats the real story.
you where rude in ooc and you wrote messages in ooc like 'nig... nig...' and so on.
After this the gm banned you and you still came back under another name.
And than again you start writing crap in ooc.

Sorry for my bad english its not my native language.
Have a nice day.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Splose
Banned

Okay I'll bite.

I am the owner of EQAwakened and Narian is one of my tester characters. From the moment you logged into the server you were in OOC trying to get a reaction out of people and your registration date on the forums just makes it even more obvious you're a troll. I would like to make a few things very clear.

The first one being I don't need a reason to ban you. Last time I checked my server is completely free and open to the public. I pay the hosting fees and you don't pay me to play here. Secondly, my server can not be a ripoff of UltimateEQ or Kimura's since my server predates that one by years. With all that said I banned you for your racist comments in OOC you logged on the server with another account with the name "Nariannignog".

I have literally never banned someone from any of my servers before and I was happy to leave it there but now if any other server ops would like the 2 account names I have connected to this guy feel free to PM me.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:22 PM
haynar
Developer

Some day admins of different servers should share info on racist trolls so they can be banned all over. That way they can eat bans where they play nice, for being an all around turd in the community.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

This is what happens when bad people try to ruin a good thing.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhair View Post

avoid at all costs
Anyway...these are the kind of people that shouldn't be allowed to have an Internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastic_djeryv
I was on the fence on joining this server, but this one and only post you made was so well written, and in such an objective manner that I can't help but move onto something else. You are a wordsmith good sir and I must thank you for taking the time to create an account here to warn all of us of this virtual tyranny. If more people were to read your elegantly written review, I would guarantee that even the NPCs would leave this server right after all of the players do. I mean really! How dare they not tolerate racism in 2018? Any server that just focuses on fantasy adventures in a virtual magical land is not for me.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
Anyway...these are the kind of people that shouldn't be allowed to have an Internet connection.

I think that *sarcasm* post went straight over your head lol..
Old 11-05-2018, 08:35 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
I think that *sarcasm* post went straight over your head lol..
I wrote the sarcasm post. I just quoted it to make sure people didn't think I was serious.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

Complaining about a server or the server owner on eqemu.org shows bad taste regardless of what really happened. The complainer will never come across "looking like the person in the right" no matter what happened. Food for thought.

The bottom line is if you do not like the way a server is set up or ran, you have the right to not play there, just like the server owner has a right to decide who plays there.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Sturm
Hill Giant

I ban d-bags all the time. Sorry if they end up on your guys' servers.

Pretty sure posting a list of the account names would count as public shaming. These guys tend to weed themselves out anyways, but that would be humorous.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
Okay I'll bite.

I am the owner of EQAwakened and Narian is one of my tester characters.

I don't need a reason to ban you. Last time I checked my server is completely free and open to the public. I pay the hosting fees and you don't pay me to play here.
This is all that really needs to be said. Go play WoW, asshole.

(cool server, BTW)
Old 11-07-2018, 04:23 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

obviously it shouldn't be done on eqemulator's forums, but i'd love a list of offenders. not as a sysop, but as a player. i don't think i'm alone in wanting to avoid these people in general.

maybe some simple offsite forum with 1 thread... names and transgressions... if ip's or behaviour can link names, group them by that too. phrases they use, what they tend to do etc.. usually obvious who the copies are.

-----------------------

eqawakened is a fun server, btw. never been impeded by any staff there, nor anything of the kind. if anything, they've gone out of their way to make people feel included -- denizens of that server, not just sysop.