Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:37 PM
danxxx
Fire Beetle

Default Can't find a server that fits me

I'd like to find a server that has custom content, as in quality of life things. Auto scribe spells/skills, teleporters, powerful custom items but not to the point of hitting for millions of damage.

Freedom to follow my own path, not a specific path of progression and gear that everyone has to follow and are all basically the same. Variety. Bots available so you're not forced to box to fight higher level mobs.

Class specific items and limited clickies so that everyone can't do everything. What's the point in a cleric if you're a warrior with a CH clicky?

But I don't want to play on a server that is so customized that I don't recognize anything. Basically I want a vanilla server with custom stuff but not so custom that it makes it seem like a different game. I want to play EQ without the tedious stuff and added extra fun stuff.

It just seems that the servers available now go to the extreme with custom stuff, or extreme vanilla and make it extra difficult.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:16 PM
DreadDev
Fire Beetle

Hero's Respite is currently in development. We don't hit everything on your list but we hit a lot of your points. Feel free to join our discord and come check out what we have been cooking up!

https://discord.gg/mWsRBzP
Old 01-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Can't find it? Make it, that's the best part about this project. Sure it'll take some time and effort but you'll get exactly what you're looking for. Maybe others are looking for that same thing and will join you.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

Imperium has almost everything you're looking for. Guarantee it.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:32 PM
danxxx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post
Can't find it? Make it, that's the best part about this project. Sure it'll take some time and effort but you'll get exactly what you're looking for. Maybe others are looking for that same thing and will join you.
I did run a server many years ago, so I might do it again. I have an extra pc and a gig internet connection so that wouldn't be an issue. Since it wouldn't be too crazy with custom stuff it shouldn't take up a lot of my time to maintain and continue to add new stuff.

I'll think about it.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Rebuild is in closed beta, small community, but hits everything except your botting/boxing clause. Vanilla trilogy with quality of life improvements and little customizations here or there to compliment the trilogy experience, is the general idea. link in signature.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-02-2019, 02:21 PM
danxxx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmai9 View Post
Imperium has almost everything you're looking for. Guarantee it.
Yeah, I enjoyed Imperium for a while until I was banned. Why was I banned you ask? That's a good question. I was questing. Found the spawn I needed to kill and there was someone FD laying on the ground next to him. He wasn't talking and apparently was afk or something. So I was bored waiting for him and I killed it and moved on to my next part. This was a quick spawn anyway. He came back to his computer and thew a fit that I KS'd his camp and I was banned.