Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:07 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Default Classless 2.5 - Velious Launch 12/20/2019

The wait is finally over! Classless gets a .5 version upgrade, and becomes Classless 2.5 with the release of the Velious prepatch tomorrow, and Velious itself by the 22nd of December.

Explore the frozen tundra of Velious for maximum nostalgia, newraids and all-new quest for Epic 1.5s!

Various Velious gear, quests, and recipes have been upgraded in true classless fashion.

Group content has been added and is significantly more challenging than previous content aimed at soloers. There has been an increase in the amount of experience that you get in a group, in addition to the new content's difficulty.

Now's a great time to revisit classless. We're looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces return in time for the new expansion

Be sure to join our discord for more information: https://discord.gg/rKsP2G

-The Classless Team
Ailia, Talco, and Secrets
Old 04-02-2020, 10:13 AM
Vexikuri
Fire Beetle

This server is pretty fun and addicting. I love being able to hunt random spells lol
Old 11-12-2020, 09:02 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

Is this server still supported/developed?
I tried playing but get the error I dont have the server files

Im very interested in how you changed the client behavior!

I've done work on the emulator off and on, my last go around I was working to make significant improvement to paladin melee

I'd love to see your zone code

lax
Old 11-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxative View Post
Is this server still supported/developed?
I tried playing but get the error I dont have the server files

Im very interested in how you changed the client behavior!

I've done work on the emulator off and on, my last go around I was working to make significant improvement to paladin melee

I'd love to see your zone code

lax
Classless 3.0 is still in development. Make sure you're not using the Classless 3.0 files on 2.5. Feel free to hop on 2.5 with the 2.5 files; though, know we're still working on 3.0 and it's slow going. I have other commitments still I need to take care of outside of emu.

I may be making select portions of the client changes available eventually. I'm still on the fence about opening up that code, as modifying the client seamlessly is a can of worms once it's done from a security standpoint.

It's no different than how MQ2 injects code into the game client, in fact it uses MacroQuest2 as a base for the code that modifies the client.

However, before I formally put any of the work out there for the client or server modifications, I would like to clean up the code I use internally on this project.

There's countless changes in Classless compared to EQEmulator. It's well over 10,000 lines changed at this point, and merging can be a pain. Some features, such as the ROF2 bazaar support, need to be merged back into EQEmu once they're working like 'live' - but also with a rule, so there's a toggle for how we have our bazaar set up.