Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
zosime
Fire Beetle

Default Gm event help

HI all, i am new so far things been going pretty well. The server for most parts been stable for a few days.
I am planning on running a RP event with my close friends close to liek a book form RPG where gm narrates and looks over it all. So far everything is working, but one issue

For life of me I cannot figure out a way to set it up so that in game with a gm command i can summon several NPC to pop in the zone. Any of you know of any usefull links to help me with this?

second issue I would like to have is maybe some bots I can have with me as my henchmen t o order to attack the players. I donno if this is possible or not. Anyways any usefull links be much appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
joligario
Developer

If I were you, I would look at the spawn conditions and create your event. Check out PEQ and some of CD's events. They work really well.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Joetuul
Sarnak

Ya creating the event on your own would be easiest.

Here is what I would do to set up something like that.

It would all be quest based, I use Perl Express to edit and create most of my quests, can be found here... http://www.perl-express.com/

** If you do not know commands and such for the emu, you can use GeorgeS tool found here http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22542

There is also a guide to writing quests, I couldn't find the link on the forums or in the wiki, so I uploaded it up to my personal webspace through my ISP, which can be found here... http://members.cox.net/mithmarr/EQEmuQuestLexicon.pdf

as for setting up the event....

I would create an NPC and add it to the zone, the NPC would be the shadowman race (race 127) so you wont see him.

His quest upon spawn would spawn how ever many other mobs you wanted, you can even set the location of where you want them to spawn in the quest

** note ** From my experience you have to reset the server for the quests to take a hold, so do not expect for you to save the file and be able to use it the exact second afterwards without resetting, if anyone else knows how to do that maybe you can post and ask how. As far as I know you cant.

Examples...

this spawns the orc runner I made in Crushbone when retlon brenclog spawns.
Code:
sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
	quest::spawn2(999171,23,0,-86,-395,6,0);
}
How that would work, is you would #dbspawn your created invisible NPC tied to that script, he would in turn spawn what ever you put in his quest code.

As for the henchmen thing you want...

create the henchmen, then when they spawn using the above code you can use the GM command to have them attack the player(s) of your choice using #attack [charname], that would make the targeted NPC attack that player.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetuul View Post
** note ** From my experience you have to reset the server for the quests to take a hold, so do not expect for you to save the file and be able to use it the exact second afterwards without resetting, if anyone else knows how to do that maybe you can post and ask how. As far as I know you cant.
As long as all you are doing is editing quests and or npc's you can just do:

Code:
#reloadquest
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Joetuul
Sarnak

Thanks, that command will come in very handy for myself and hopefully others who haven't found it yet.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:56 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

#reloadpl then #repop and you can then use quests

thank secrets
Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caylah023 View Post
#reloadpl then #repop and you can then use quests

thank secrets
You bumped a 5 month old post to answer an already answered post?

#reloadpl and #reloadquest are the same and a #repop is not required.