Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

Default Is Fronglo's Paradise still up or is it gone?

I been wondering wondering where Fronglo's paradise server has gone has it gone compleatly down or is it just like not on 5.7?
Please respond
also i hope this right place to post this
Old 09-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Fronglo's Server is transfering from 5.7-5.9 =), don't worry, it is still around. I know the owner =D
Old 09-25-2004, 12:32 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

To be honest Im not sure what will happen with it. I have come to the conclusion I can't host it at my house because my upload speeds are not fast enough to keep players on there (this is why people constantly went LinkDead).

It was for a few days hosted on a temp server and the LD issues was gone. However now since the updated emu the person hosting it can't connect to the emu period, and I am having trouble connecting to .5.8 servers myself. So until .5.9 comes out I really don't know what is going to happen.

Its really a shame, we just got done adding a bunch of raid content, epic quests, etc and very few has had a chance to see it. About the time .5.8 came out the population on my server went from 15ish to about 3ish.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

So if its moving to 5.9 <here comes dumb question sigh> will i need 5.9 to play it or somthing if so <here comes nother dumb question sigh> where do i download 5.9?

---rolien---
Old 09-25-2004, 01:39 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

You can't download it anywhere but the everquest patch server.

Basically patch to live eq. then wait until emu is compatible.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

ok thanks so no downloading just patch live eq i think i can handle that :P

---rolien---
Old 09-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

i thought i could handle it sigh i patch it put the eqhost number to what it needs to be log in servers up doing go so far go to log into a server make char hit enter world Boom back at server select screen how can i fix this PLZ i wana play some of the 5.9servers

---rolien---
Old 09-25-2004, 03:49 PM
rmanwop
Fire Beetle

same thing happens to me Rolien.
Can anyone help?
Anyone who is able to play on 5.9 tell us how u did it. Anyone except Sotonin (I dont like his attitude)

~RmanWop~
Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

Woot got 5.9 working dont know how. they said that fronglos server would be on 5.9 right? well hope it comes up soon fravorit server out of them all. :P

---rolien---
Old 09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

umm, Fronglo's is dead now =(
Old 09-29-2004, 03:33 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I was hopeing it wouldn't happen, but I am afraid it is gone. MY home connection is just not fast enough to keep it up, and I can't afford to pay to have it hosted anywhere else. Only way Id be able to leave it up is if I hosted it here, and by hosting it here people go LD pretty much every time they try to do anything. I know some people wouldn't care about the LD, but the fact my population went from a steady 10 to 15 down to 1 to 3 I think proves otherwise. Almost every day I logged on I had 3 and 4 e-mails of frustrated people who was sick of trying to fight (insert raid mob here) and going LD before it was dead.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:41 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

aye, sadly this is why you really *have* to have a dedicated server to have a good server with emu =(
Old 10-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

dont mean to bump an old post. but fronglo has teamed up with Evolution.. and i must say.. his ideas and work is greatly appreciated.. and we are a dedicated server.. so thank you for the help Fronglo.. you are so welcomed here..