Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

Default Gods at War Server looking for team members!

Hello Everyone,
I'm looking to put together a small team for the Gods at War server, I plan to keep the server around a long time, and to be fairly populated once word gets out. As such I'm going to need a small team, that will assist me in the day to day jobs that all decent servers require. Here is some information about the server:

the basic idea behind the server is all the gods of Norrath are at war with eachother, they are having a huge conflict over who should be the supreme ruler over Norrath, and it is your goal as a player to end the war, threw building yourself up to a god / goddess in order to stand toe to toe with the gods, they will be more beefed up, and more nasty then any of the gods you may have encountered on Eqlive. In order to kill them you will advance threw quest to open up new gear, clickies, and GM commands that aint game breaking but aide you in your journey as you ascend to godhood, this will take quiet sometime, I intend to have enough content, to keep players on the storyline for a few months before they complete the story. At this point I hope to have a new twist to the story being added to keep the fun going.

I'm not a fan of recruiting off the forums, but I do need some help to get the server up and going due to my RL limitations, and the work load would be to large for me alone.

So if you would like to be apart of the DEV team, here is my requirements:

You must be able to follow directions and listen to what is asked of you.
you must know the gm commands inside and out.
you should have a basic understanding of perl

Here is the current positions open:

World Builder: you will have to be able to follow rules and guidelines to keep content balanced, you will be able to work well in a group enviroment, you will need to know the in-game gm commands inside and out, and have enough perl knowledge to complete all the quest needed for the zone your working on.

Web Designer: You will need to be able to make a decent website with forums, thats about it for this position.

Coders: You will know C or C++ and have experiance with perl.

Server Host: If you would like to host the server, you will have a basic understanding of MySql and have previously setup an eqemu server, you will also need a dedicated box, with a decent amount of ram 4 gb+ and high speed internet access.

Well this is all the positions available, if your interested send me a PM with the position you would like, and a short msg explaining any past or current experiance that makes you a good candidate, or post a reply below. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from anyone interested in any of the above positions soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

I have played a little on this server during the early Dev stages on a character Named Tavish, but this guy is a good guy for those of you who dont know him, he is worth helping out and has a great idea, its not a idea you see everyday either so i bet it will be worth it in the end =P
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

Thanks Iiquest for the kind words, I have past experiance running servers, I helped on S2k for a few months working my way from guide status to Lead Gm admin in a short period of time you may have had the pleasure of knowing me as Linolian, Truenote, or Nazareth, then s2k server got shut down by Sony, at this point I opened up Dark Realms, and with the help of scorious2k and his son, we soon had the server up steaming full speed ahead, I added alot of new custom content and code to the original sk2 database and everything went well for about 2 months then I to got the same news of having to shut the server down from Sony since it was doing so well.

At this point scopious2k and me talked about taking the project to the next level and building our own game we assembled the Mantis Project, our way of fighting back against Sony. I'm no longer working on the mantis project but I do have a open seat for my return if I ever wished to do so.

I'm just looking to make an everquest experiance that would be enjoyable to me, I been playing everquest live since 1998 when Verant still was running it, and want to recreate enjoyable content that will bring my spark back to Norrath.

Anyway I hope to hear from anyone interested in helping me with this project, would love a small team, but if not like the saying goes "if you build it they will come."
Old 09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

Thanks to everyone who was interested in a position, all positions are filled. But I will never turn away someone with talent, if anyone else is interested in helping with worldbuilding, or quest scripting just privite message me or post a message on this thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing some new and familiar faces in-game soon, once the server is back up and running.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:20 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

this a pvp server?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

this is not a pvp server, but there will be some custom arena events scripted for players based on the server theme that will focus on pvp and award points for upgrades.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:35 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

there is no way i can help sadly lol unless im used as a crash test dummy haha
Old 09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
savage_82585
Fire Beetle

I am no help, unless you need player testers. As soon as I get Emu running ill check out the server, if its open by then. Can't wait! sounds really fun.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:55 PM
savage_82585
Fire Beetle

SO when will there be a open beta or when will the server be open to the public? =)
Old 09-09-2009, 12:01 AM
robert19
Fire Beetle

The server was going to open on september 10th but its looking more like the 15th at this time. I'll post here once it hits open beta, I been tinkering away trying to get it ready for open beta.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

I did open the server for awhile and decided to keep it in closed beta for the time being, I have no set time limit for when the server will open back up, but I feel it would be best for everyone. I would like to thank everyone who tested out my server, and I hope you found some enjoyment, and will return once the server goes live. I will post a forum link in the next few days and keep my server progress updated, so everyone can see whats getting done, and maybe an area for everyone to drop me some ideas of what they would like to see added on the server.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

i logged on and thort it was good server , i would like to help[ you test if u want
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

I sent you a private message Bowmaster, the server is comming along very nicely, I'll have a forum up today to keep all interested, up to date on the server.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 PM
robert19
Fire Beetle

For anyone interested, feel free to checkout the new forum for the Gods at War server http://godsatwar.lefora.com/ this will keep you updated on all the changes I make until release.