Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Edone
Fire Beetle

Default Npc questions

Hello everyone,
I have used to search command and failed, therefore im reduced to asking on the forums ( hopefully not to much flamming at my newbish questions). First off, I have redone a zone with custom mobs, however I don't know how to make the mobs aggressive, nor do I know how to set up a random loot table ( I'm thinking the loot tables would have 12 items or so, set at a random % chance of dropping). If anyone could please help me with these issues, I would be very grateful.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Edone
Fire Beetle

I should have gone into detail, I am a GM on a server, not the server OP.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Diuretic
Sarnak

Default Happy to help

First thing's first. Since you're world-building, you probably already know about GeorgeS's site here: http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html. There's a great loot editor in there that will allow you to set a random loot table to assign to your mobs.

The aggro radius, I think, is simpler. I believe the setting is one of the columns in the npc_types table, but you'd have to check the wiki to be sure. That's where I swore I found it, so just search on Database Schema for it and other subsequent questions.

Hope this helps,

D.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Only being a GM you will be limited to what you can do to a server unless the owner gives you permission to access the database.

Aggressiveness is a faction setting and as far as I know there are no GM commands yet to set that, it has to be done in the database.

Loot tables also require access to the database as far as I know.

So, you will have to get permission from the owner and then be able to connect remotely to the database ( with some of Georges's tools or someother tool)

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Edone
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the helpful info guys!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:33 PM
sklead
Sarnak

You can set faction, aggro radius, social list (npc assists others of its faction) and npc aggro (npc aggros npcs of opposite factions that they are not friendly with).

Simply type in "#npcedit help" without the quotations for a full list of commands.

Usually after you set something on an npc using that command, a simple #repop will make the changes take effect.