Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:38 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

Default Chords of Dissonance LOS issue

Has anyone had issues with CoD line of sight issue? It hits a mob when facing, but not while kiting, while back is turned? Noticed a field in the spell called npc_no_los which is set to 0. Does 0 mean it ignores it? Or is there another value for that field?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

Found out why. The effectid1 is set to only hit mobs that are not moving. Bards must have been nerfed lol
Old 04-10-2015, 07:55 AM
vsab
Discordant

I think that came in at around 2005 on live.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Kayen
Developer

There is a rule to allow this effect to work on moving targets. (sorry dont have time to look it up right now)
Old 04-10-2015, 06:37 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

Thank you Kayen. If you get time to look, it would be appreciated, or anyone that knows.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

Found it in changelog.

Spells, PreNerfBardAEDoT, false) //Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

This was such a huge nerf to bards on Live, glad I had already quit by then. (I mained a bard through Velious).
Old 06-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I play a bard and have been really frustrated with the AoE DOT situation for bards for quite a while. I got so frustrated I started searching and came upon this thread. Has this code been pushed to the available code set?

My database does not have this in the rule_values table.
Code:
Spells, PreNerfBardAEDoT, false) //Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
I'm assuming that setting this to "true" makes the bard dots work like they used to? I also created it with ruleset_id as 10.

I have manually inserted it in the table, SET THE VALUE to "true", then shut down the server and restarted it, but no change. The dots only seem to work when no movement is occurring.

Last time I did a build was about mid May, so date wise, that is after the thread.

Any help as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Riklin (Hall's Havoc)

Last edited by Riklin; 06-08-2015 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: typo and added pertinent details about ruleset_id.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
I play a bard and have been really frustrated with the AoE DOT situation for bards for quite a while. I got so frustrated I started searching and came upon this thread. Has this code been pushed to the available code set?

My database does not have this in the rule_values table.
Code:
I'm assuming that setting this to "true" makes the bard dots work like they used to? I also created it with ruleset_id as 10.

I have manually inserted it in the table, SET THE VALUE to "true", then shut down the server and restarted it, but no change. The dots only seem to work when no movement is occurring.

Last time I did a build was about mid May, so date wise, that is after the thread.

Any help as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Riklin (Hall's Havoc)
There are multiple rulesets, make sure the zone you are in is set to use that ruleset.

Just to be simple I set all my zones to use ruleset 1 so I only have to manage one.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I think I saw there were 5 different rule_sets? 1,2,3,4,10? 10 being the "usual" rule_set?

Would it be easier to copy the rule_value to each of the rule_sets? It seems to me that should be less risky than editing all the zones to point to a single rule_set, without knowing what the exact repercussions are...
Old 06-08-2015, 02:04 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
I think I saw there were 5 different rule_sets? 1,2,3,4,10? 10 being the "usual" rule_set?

Would it be easier to copy the rule_value to each of the rule_sets? It seems to me that should be less risky than editing all the zones to point to a single rule_set, without knowing what the exact repercussions are...
You could always just backup the tables if you're worried about it.

I've always done this and I've never encountered anything. I can't even think of why it would be an issue. It took 3 seconds to type a query that changed every zone to 1. With a backup it would take a few seconds to revert.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Firstly, this is something that definitely needs to be tried on a TEST server. I have a local test server set up on a separate computer with local login, sourced with database from my actual server. I'll be testing this there first, of course.... My question stems from respect for the amazing developers that have set up this emulator software. If they set things up with multiple rule_sets, and implemented it with them, they probably had good reasons for it. Removing them all seems a bit harsh, sort of like amputating a toe because you have a sliver or thorn in it...

Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Firstly, this is something that definitely needs to be tried on a TEST server. I have a local test server set up on a separate computer with local login, sourced with database from my actual server. I'll be testing this there first, of course.... My question stems from respect for the amazing developers that have set up this emulator software. If they set things up with multiple rule_sets, and implemented it with them, they probably had good reasons for it. Removing them all seems a bit harsh, sort of like amputating a toe because you have a sliver or thorn in it...

The only purpose is for you to have options. If you don't want those options there is no detrimental effect for removing it. I don't want the option so I did. I balance my server around a single rule set which keeps things simple and consistent across the board.

Now for instance if you want wizards to have an extra 20% spell crit in Plane of Hate, and only plane of Hate, then that would be well within your power to use a separate rule_set.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Ok... I updated the updated the source files, etc. and did a build.

My server database has rule_sets of 1,2,3,4,5 and 10.

I also added these lines to the rule_values table.
Code:
1,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
2,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
3,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
4,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
5,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
10,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
So these rules are applicable to each rule_set and the most recent code has been sourced and compiled, tested and deployed.

After all that, on my server, bard AE songs still do not affect targets when the bard is moving. I can see the affect strikes the mobs, because of the spell effect, but the AE damage song does not affect them. When I come to a complete stop, they take damage from the song. The song I'm using is Denon's Disruptive Discord. Does around 20 damage per tick with a brass horn with a bard that's level 26.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to enable this rule (PreNerfBardAEDoT)?

Thanks again,
Riklin (Hall's Havoc)
Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Ok... I updated the updated the source files, etc. and did a build.

My server database has rule_sets of 1,2,3,4,5 and 10.

I also added these lines to the rule_values table.
Code:
1,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
2,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
3,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
4,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
5,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
10,Spells:PreNerfBardAEDoT, true,Allow bard AOE dots to damage targets when moving.
So these rules are applicable to each rule_set and the most recent code has been sourced and compiled, tested and deployed.

After all that, on my server, bard AE songs still do not affect targets when the bard is moving. I can see the affect strikes the mobs, because of the spell effect, but the AE damage song does not affect them. When I come to a complete stop, they take damage from the song. The song I'm using is Denon's Disruptive Discord. Does around 20 damage per tick with a brass horn with a bard that's level 26.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to enable this rule (PreNerfBardAEDoT)?

Thanks again,
Riklin (Hall's Havoc)

Just an idea, try setting the song's effectid1 to 0. The movement restriction seems to be built into the 334 effect id.