Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Wisteso
Fire Beetle

Default Followed guide, but getting stuck/below world issues

Using Linux Mint 17.1 64bit

Used the guide at http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_o...albox&frm=Main which seems to have a handful of minor/moderate errors but it got the server mostly up and running anyway with some experimenting.

The biggest error was that the guide did not explain loading sql patches, though doing so did not fix my issue.

Characters are either completely unable to move, or unable to deal with height differences, or in the case of freeport floating in the air and being told theyre below the world. NPCs show up and walk their paths, but wont respond to hails. I can group with and see other players as well.

As far as I can tell, I've done all the steps required and then all of the normal troubleshooting without any luck. The only error messages I get have to do with "cant locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC" when starting up WORLD, but this seems to be an issue with the zone server not the world server.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:47 PM
vsab
Discordant

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39679

Read to the end.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Wisteso
Fire Beetle

That did it! Thank you. I wouldn't have thought to run that SQL file since it was marked as being added one day before the PEQ snapshot.