Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Just putting in my request for the raw version Again, stupid computer is infected w/ a virus that wont let me run cmd, I have to run command.com for some reason...So, the raw files are good for me...and right now im too lazy and dont want to have to re-load everything from a fresh reformat...If there's not enough requests, ill do it lol...but until then! I'll be patient and see where it goes....

Thanks so much for the 6.2 installer though, awsome!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Koshoji
Sarnak

Thanks Cavedude and company!

Looking foreward to giving this a whirl.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Have you tried this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324767

It happens to me all the time. This always fixes me right up. If not, there is never a need to format after a virus or spyware. All of them can be removed, trust me I've fought some monsters in my day. Worst case is Windows suffered so much damage that you have to do a reapir/upgrade.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 AM
jillmatik
Sarnak

YES!! Can't wait to give it a whirl tonight. Thank you again!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
ubatch
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude
Have you tried this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324767

It happens to me all the time. This always fixes me right up. If not, there is never a need to format after a virus or spyware. All of them can be removed, trust me I've fought some monsters in my day. Worst case is Windows suffered so much damage that you have to do a reapir/upgrade.
Does Windows repair fix crap like this? As in run the CD from bootup and what not to repair right? -- Also, what spyware programs do you use? I tried to use one once, and it fubared my computer up because it stopped some files that were assets to running the computer rofl...stupid thing. Any free ones you recommend? I'd appreciate it My computer is so messed up...Had no antivirus for the longest time, loaded it up and boy was I in for a suprise...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
jillmatik
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubatch
Does Windows repair fix crap like this? As in run the CD from bootup and what not to repair right? -- Also, what spyware programs do you use? I tried to use one once, and it fubared my computer up because it stopped some files that were assets to running the computer rofl...stupid thing. Any free ones you recommend? I'd appreciate it My computer is so messed up...Had no antivirus for the longest time, loaded it up and boy was I in for a suprise...
This should really go in another thread, if not other forums. Regardless, I wouldn't try hosting an EQEmu server on a known problematic box. Back up what you can and start fresh... that's my advice. Of course I re-image my computer monthly so take it for what it's worth. :sad:
Old 10-03-2005, 01:15 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Delete the posts Admins! =P
Old 10-03-2005, 04:43 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

Default Woot cavedude

Execlanta! cavedude (yes i made that word up)

Works like a champ, only a few interesing zone points... No "real" problems

/em cheers for cavedude

vRandom
Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

If you can, keep track of where the bogus zone points are and post them on our forums. I'll fix them up. http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
If you can, keep track of where the bogus zone points are and post them on our forums. I'll fix them up. http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/
ok, i'll try to do that... you want loc or just the zones...

Just a quicky....
Shadowhaven to Paludal Caverns you end up out in the water. East commons to west commons you end up in west freeport. (though could be a db error on my end /shrug )

It will be weekend before i get to mess with it anymore, but those are two that i can remember atm

vRandom
Old 10-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Hey Cave , anyway I can get just the database from you for the 6.2?
when using your installer it just makes an empty database?

Thanks , Sak

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
Hey Cave , anyway I can get just the database from you for the 6.2?
when using your installer it just makes an empty database?

Thanks , Sak
Gee..If it could be possible..(Comment to Cavedude)Could it be a complete zipped folder or something??(no sourcing involved) I dont know what Im doing wrong but it seems tha with your last database release I try to source and I keep getting some sort of pathing(spawn IDs maybe?) IDs errors..Seems everything before luclin expansion is affected. I have NPCs walking in skeletons place. Three Fippy_Darkpaws..ect....
Old 10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Alright when I get home, I'll release the raw pack. I'm just not going to do the Linux support for now. That'll come in time when I get some of the higher priorities out of the way.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Ok thanks alot !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-10-2005, 02:46 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
At this point the installer is not meant to be used to upgrade. As we make changes to the binaires, db, and quests I'll release smaller upgrade packs (and update the full installer with any changes) Those upgrade packs will only replace files changed by us, keeping your config files intact.

I fiddled with the idea of having 2.0 support an upgrade from 1.0, but really due to all the db changes made between 0.6.0 and 0.6.2 it really wasn't practical.

I can appreciate that, but I do think it should back-up any config files it finds anyway. But that's just my opinion. FYI I used to work in software QA, mainly because I'm a pedantic annoying bastard - I'm really _good_ at pointing out trivial things to annoy programmers.