Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Vhayne
Fire Beetle

Default Hey guys. n00b question here.

I just found the site lol. I'm interested in joining you all for some emulated EQ (oh how I miss the old times), but I have a question.

<EDITED>
I apologize for wasting time. I've been reading deeper into the forums and found the answers to most of my questions (I noticed how you guys get ill when people don't read before they post) lol. I do have one question still though. I read something about "Krusher's". What is that exactly? And can I use EQEmu (I'll be doing a fresh install) with it? Or do I still need to wait until EQEmu is patched?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vhayne

Last edited by Vhayne; 08-29-2005 at 07:18 PM..
Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 AM
mrkcmty3
Sarnak

I think Krusher's might be a server. not sure

Also you did a big no no, or common mistake, a fresh install, no version of EQemu works without being patched... I made the same mistake, just update to live, then, heck just email me, I'll get you in line, if you back up your directory and stuff it'll pay off though.

mrkcmty@yahoo.com if you want some help
Old 08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Vhayne
Fire Beetle

thanks man. I do appreciate your willing to help. I'll email you soon. I haven't yet actually installed EQ. It takes a while, and I don't have a ton of time. I'll try to do it either tonight or tomorrow though. I'll email you as soon as I finish installing it. Thanks again.

Vhayne
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Crow102
Fire Beetle

so a fresh install won't work then? because I just finished installing EQ.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Once you install eq then you MUST patch. Then you will be live compatble. You can play on PEQ as long as it says Live Compatible in its server description. Krushers Server was on and live compatible a few weeks ago. Its not on anymore but PEQ is right now. But from then on never patch that folder again.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Crow102
Fire Beetle

so ignore the top red thing that says do not patch and just go ahead and patch everything?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
deazone
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow102
so ignore the top red thing that says do not patch and just go ahead and patch everything?
Since you probably do not have a compatible client of EQ to servers prior to 6.2, then yes. Servers running the 6.2 emu, will work with the latest EQ patch.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
tremor
Fire Beetle

Red face

Noob here!!!! as well i downloaded that EQversion checker

SHORT VERSION: SEQ45867
LONG VERSION: EQ3C903E04AB2F04B577F25EA81E2727A6B8291587

am i live compatble and able to join a server? i installed EQ Trilogy and patched with no expansions or do i have to patch to live with all expansions?

also i noticed it generates a .txt which has has these version numbers, are they the only compatable versions? with SEQC1167 is that live version? and would SEQB8A67 be old EQ?
SEQC1167=0.6.2
SEQA3767=0.6.1
SEQ12167=0.6.0
SEQB8A67=0.5.7

sorry for asking in the wrong thread but i'm a noob a well :oops
Old 08-29-2005, 07:32 PM
tremor
Fire Beetle

Don't worry i read through the play guide again

"It is recomended that you install all the expansions that you have discs for. After installation, start everquest the normal way, and let the patcher update all your files. Optionally, you can select Advanced and check all the expansions to get the zone files for those expansions. If you do not, you will not be able to enter the zones related to that expansion in EQEmulator."

i can still play but just not enter them worlds i don't have expansions for right. i can login to that 6.2 beta server no problems, tried fathernitwit's 1st and got 1017 error....

geez 16hrs to download all expasions almost as long as it takes to load this game up..lol lucky i don't have dial up!!!!