Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Vareen
Fire Beetle

Default Rest HP Regen

Hello All.

I fired up a new server today to test modern code (my current server is very old) and I am having an issue with HP Regen.

I do not have these rules on my current server so they are new to me.

ruleset_id | rule_name | rule_value
1 Character:RestRegenEnabled true
1 Character:RestRegenEnd 180
1 Character:RestRegenEndurance true
1 Character:RestRegenHP 180
1 Character:RestRegenMana 180
1 Character:RestRegenPercent 20
10 Character:RestRegenPercent 20
1 Character:RestRegenRaidTimeToActivate 10
1 Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate 10
6 Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate 10
5 Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate 10

These rules have been tested in tutorialb (rule set 1) and East Commons (rule set changes to 1). However, the HP regen does not seem to take effect. The Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate rule does appear to work (changing the rule also changes the in game timer). XP modifiers also appear to be working as expected.

Also, the regen seems to be consistent. I created a test character (human / warrior) ran around tutorialb and took some damage. After leaving combat the rest timer ticked down from 10 (as expected). But, while sitting, standing or resting HP only went up by 2 HP per tick. I expected 20% per tick.

Server
Windows Server 2016
Installed using Akka's Server Installer (today 1/1/2019)

Client: SoF2

I found a few other post on the topic, but nothing seemed to take effect in game. I have been logging out -> stopping the serer -> making changing and reloading the server just to make sure.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

I've literally tried adjusting every single one of those numbers to get it to work and ive actually made things to where no regen is applied at all. Wish I could help ya boss but im lost with that.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:03 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Client doesn't show OOC regen. You will notice they're labeled Combat Regens in the UI.

Character:RestRegenPercent isn't used anymore

Character:RestRegenEnd, Character:RestRegenHP, and Character:RestRegenMana are in seconds to go from 0 to full while OOC and sitting. Again, the UI will not show this.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Did anyone get this working? I updated my source code last night, and I cannot modify the rest regen amounts. RestRegenEnabled and RestRegenTimeToActivate are working; however, RestRegenHP seems to do nothing.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:16 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
Did anyone get this working? I updated my source code last night, and I cannot modify the rest regen amounts. RestRegenEnabled and RestRegenTimeToActivate are working; however, RestRegenHP seems to do nothing.
Did you read what I wrote? You need to tell me how you're checking if it works.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Did you read what I wrote? You need to tell me how you're checking if it works.
I'm applying damage to my character, sitting, and seeing how much HP I regenerate per tick.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
I'm applying damage to my character, sitting, and seeing how much HP I regenerate per tick.
Works here, how much are you expecting? 180 seconds gives you under 4% per tick.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:03 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Works here, how much are you expecting? 180 seconds gives you under 4% per tick.
I have it set to 6 right now, so I'd expect close to 100% per tick. I'm instead getting 4% though, so the default value. I've tried doing #reloadallrules and restarting my server after modifying RestRegenHP.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:56 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Character:RestRegenEnd
Character:RestRegenHP
Character:RestRegenMana

These are the rules you want to set. you can get percentage doing 6 * (100 / value)

You can screw with values with #rules.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Also the time to activate makes a difference. Instant would be 0. If you have it set at 3 minutes to activate you won't enter rest mode until the timer is done. Cannot be debuffed etc.

Also, make sure client has OOC Regen.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:47 PM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

I'm still getting to know a bunch of the database so this is a relevant place to ask. Does the fast_regen_hp/mana/end columns in the zone table have an effect on the mentioned rule values ? They are default set at 180 right now.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:41 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritchaser View Post
I'm still getting to know a bunch of the database so this is a relevant place to ask. Does the fast_regen_hp/mana/end columns in the zone table have an effect on the mentioned rule values ? They are default set at 180 right now.
Actually, you just reminded me, I removed those rules too lol. It's all zone table driven now. (This is how live works, they send this data in one of the packets, so you could have nooby zones regen faster for example)

So that was a derp on my part :P
Old 10-18-2019, 09:51 AM
rabbet330
Sarnak

Question - Did this change back to using the rule table? I tried changing the zone table values and it had no effect, whereas changing the regen rules in the rule values table most definitely had an effect. Or is there some indicator I missed that controls which table to use?
Old 11-10-2019, 01:21 AM
woton
Sarnak

Is it possible to reduce the timer that counts down when out of combat but not in fast regen mode?
Old 11-10-2019, 03:01 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
Is it possible to reduce the timer that counts down when out of combat but not in fast regen mode?
As in decrease the 30 second timer (5 minutes for raid targets)? If so, yes.