Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Question 6.0-DR2 Spawning help please!

Info just in case you need it...

My database:
----------------------------------
Version: 6.0 classis-kunark (from PEQ)
Filename: peq_kunark_release.zip

Have tried these things, without success:
Following this tutorial:
NPC Editing Tutorial (linked below)
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...hlight=dbspawn

AND

Custom spawning mobs with:
#spawn - - - - (you know...)
and then,
#npcspawn create
(got "created successfully" message)
and then,
#npcspawn add
(got "added successfully" message)

I then proceeded to reload World.exe and Boot5Zones.bat, and zoned into the particular zone I was in (or specified in database when I did the tutorial above) and nothing was at the location where I had THOUGHT I put the mob(s).

Anyhow, any support would be wonderful. Thank you! Appreciate it greatly.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:50 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Well..Im using 6.1dr1 right now..But this is what i was doing for a start on this kind of stuff..I spawned my mob. I used #npc spawncreate on it. I zoned out and back. I was there and it stayed there. I never used #npc spawnadd yet. I suspect that is to add a spawn to a spawn list or something. I will know more about this later. I am going to set up a sort of Fippy_Darkpaw clone. Where there are three mobs that spawn with a percent of each. Then I think I will fully understand. But I NEVER had to shut down my server to do anything.

EDIT>> It also came to mind that you might try to zone out and in again if you are not seeing it. Or try to restart your server again. I say this cause I remembered that at some times they werent there but I did nothing and later they were there and stayed there from then on.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-02-2005 at 01:17 PM..
Old 09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Did they stay there even if you shut down the server and restarted it?

EDIT: I will try zoning out and back in, but again I've restarted the server and they arent there...Also, I do believe that the add stipulation is if you want to make them spawn in chances, for instance as far as the tutorial says, its so you can specify lets say 3 rats and 2 bats in one spawn point...if 1 rat spawns and dies, there's a chance that a bat can spawn if its in the same spawn group or whatever...Just my thoughts...
Old 09-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubatch
Did they stay there even if you shut down the server and restarted it?

EDIT: I will try zoning out and back in, but again I've restarted the server and they arent there...Also, I do believe that the add stipulation is if you want to make them spawn in chances, for instance as far as the tutorial says, its so you can specify lets say 3 rats and 2 bats in one spawn point...if 1 rat spawns and dies, there's a chance that a bat can spawn if its in the same spawn group or whatever...Just my thoughts...
Yes..They stayed there..I killed them also..They repopped later..If anything was wrong..I would say they werent popping 1% of the time..Ill tell you more later. I am going to work on it again myself..
Old 09-03-2005, 02:18 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Hey mang, I saw this inside one of my zone windows...

Error loading NPCs, from database. Bad query.

What do you think?

Also dood, I did everything as far as #ncpspawn create or whatever, and it still didnt work...

Question: Do you think that I I should erase everything in the DB as far as spawns? And start from scratch? I'd rather spawn whats in there, if it can...But, whatever you think is best, and basically whatever I can get to work =P

Oh yeah, and I did a #spawnstatus in tox/gfaydark and it scrolled A LOT of things for me saying stuff like:

###### location x y z disabled

NONE were enabled...do you know how to enable them? that might work

Thanks again for everything...hope I get it to work!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Honestly I dont what to do..Im thinking it could be your Database from the error you are receiving but I dont anything about a 6.0. Im just a noob myself. Maybe one of these fine server ops can give you a direction. If not they are not as fine as I thought they were LOL!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Maybe?

You know I was thinking that if you were missing a complete table in your Database like npc_spawntypes or any table involved with spawns then maybe when you tried to create a spwn and there is no table to store it in then maybe nothing happens..Just a guess
Old 09-04-2005, 03:55 AM
ubatch
Sarnak

Ahhhhhhh yeah! I think that was it...I found a post after a did a search (several posts, i sifted through information) and saw one that told me to do some sql commands...I did those, and now spawns are working. I also added several .sql files from another persons setup tutorial that I think are essential and that I was missing....That sucks because how the heck am I supposed to know that a tutorial is missing something =P Oh well, got spawns working now...happy!

Now I just need to figure out how to fix/update spawns with ease and also to fix doors/etc and get quests set up

Thanks for the help on the spawn issue! Appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:08 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

You are welcome..Im just thanking sesmar every day for providing a COMPLETE DATABASE with his 0.6.2DR2 tutorial. That saved me weeks of goofing with sourcing.I may never have gotten a server off the qround without it!