Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Corson
Fire Beetle

Default Clumsy's World

Hey guys Corson here, raid leader of Slayers of Lassiz, was just letting you guys know that Clumsy's World is coming along nicely. We raid 5 times a week and we are always looking for more players new and old! Come join us in our fun, the server is still in Classic. With a few changes to the old world. It's a great time come check us out. If you have any questions contact me in game on Corson, Sleven, or Slevin. Thanks for your time! May your naggy kills be filled with CoF's!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 AM
joeyftw
Fire Beetle

clumsys is a great server with hotzones for better exp added every week (this week clan runnyeye, next week oasis). Some have made it to 50 most are still in the 30's and 20's. The progression is going very slow so will be in classic for a long long time. Another good bonus is very active and helpful gm's/guides. Would be great to see more new faces!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Were you guys able to remove the PoK book graphics, new player models, zone revamps, etc? It would be nice to be in a classic world again. I'll admit it, if most underlying mechanics (that can't be visually seen) can't be reverted back I would be okay with that. I know I am shallow. : P
Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Corson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus View Post
Were you guys able to remove the PoK book graphics, new player models, zone revamps, etc? It would be nice to be in a classic world again. I'll admit it, if most underlying mechanics (that can't be visually seen) can't be reverted back I would be okay with that. I know I am shallow. : P
We have old graphic models for the most part(some are still in)

PoK book graphics are still there but disabled

We have the old plane of hate(some new zones some old)

The player base wanted the nexus in so we have the nexus(no other luclin zone though)

And iksars are in but no kunark yet.

The raid progression list has everything down except inny CT and the eye of veeshan.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Sakuli
Fire Beetle

Default Server population

Hello. I'd never really heard of EQemu servers before yesterday and was wondering if anyone could give me a little more information about them, and Clumsy's world specifically.

What is the server population of this server?
Is it a long-term server or if the creator leaves does the server shutdown?
How is it sustained if it is free?
Does it being free make it subject to people hacking it and ruining the game such as most eq servers with the under-regulation by gms?

I guess that would be a good start... I'm very excited that this could be what I've been looking for since I missed the first sony progression server and it got kinda crazy with super speed crazy guilds and such.

I appreciate any feedback and hope to see some of you in game. I went to open up my old eq titanium cd case and all the cds were gone... Very sad indeed. Anyways, I am waiting for some new EQ titanium CDs to come in the mail.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Corson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuli View Post
Hello. I'd never really heard of EQemu servers before yesterday and was wondering if anyone could give me a little more information about them, and Clumsy's world specifically.

What is the server population of this server?
Is it a long-term server or if the creator leaves does the server shutdown?
How is it sustained if it is free?
Does it being free make it subject to people hacking it and ruining the game such as most eq servers with the under-regulation by gms?

I guess that would be a good start... I'm very excited that this could be what I've been looking for since I missed the first sony progression server and it got kinda crazy with super speed crazy guilds and such.

I appreciate any feedback and hope to see some of you in game. I went to open up my old eq titanium cd case and all the cds were gone... Very sad indeed. Anyways, I am waiting for some new EQ titanium CDs to come in the mail.
The server has about 35 people on it at peak hours.

It is privately ran by one of the GM's. I have yet to encounter anything even remotely being considered to be malicious abuse.

I guess it could be hacked. But I don't see it happening.

The server is still in classic. CT, inny and eye of veshaan still aren't killed.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Sakuli
Fire Beetle

Is it class UI and everything or do they use the modern UI? I saw that you posted interest in project 1999s server along with 20+ people who would come with you. What is it that makes you want to switch to that when it is ready? That would effectively kill this one wouldn't it?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Corson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuli View Post
Is it class UI and everything or do they use the modern UI? I saw that you posted interest in project 1999s server along with 20+ people who would come with you. What is it that makes you want to switch to that when it is ready? That would effectively kill this one wouldn't it?
First off most of the 20 aren't even on clumsy. Secondly I thought that was another classic server that was suppose to come out in March. If I remember correctly the UI that is being used on clumsy is post velious. I don't know exactly when this UI became the UI but it isn't the classic one or the SoV one.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
greldor
Fire Beetle

Clumsy's World is as good as ever! The classic content combined with a nexus travel system and a little splash of custom content makes this server a very enjoyable experience for classic and kunark.

Thanks for keeping everything so polished!

Ogre Shadowknight

The Grand Creation
Clumsy's World
Bristlebane
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
Hey guys Corson here, raid leader of Slayers of Lassiz, was just letting you guys know that Clumsy's World is coming along nicely. We raid 5 times a week and we are always looking for more players new and old! Come join us in our fun, the server is still in Classic. With a few changes to the old world. It's a great time come check us out. If you have any questions contact me in game on Corson, Sleven, or Slevin. Thanks for your time! May your naggy kills be filled with CoF's!
It's good to see another Raid Leader run a server...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

He doesn't run the server. He doesn't even play anymore.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Pallos
Fire Beetle

Does the server reflect some of the old eccentricities like FS dual wielding necro pets being super, the ability to mez most everything as a enchanter? God like Fd pulling with Monks? Can we play how we used to play with confidence?