Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:17 PM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for Server setup help

Hello, I'm having one heck of a time trying to setup my own private server for friends and family. I am wondering if there is anyone here who can either give me a much more detailed step by step or maybe someone who can just set it up for me. I have followed the steps from the website and every time it seems to install incorrectly or something. I just cant get it to run right.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:01 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

You need to provide everyone with more information so they can assist you. Where does it fail? What error message do you receive? Do you have any screenshots?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:12 PM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

Okie Dokie, I'm trying another fresh install, I'll send screenshots, and info when it's complete. I was reading over another's post about firewall I'm going to see if that is my problem as well. Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-25-2020, 03:22 PM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

Code:
Use pastebin or something similar please

Last edited by joligario; 03-26-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Old 03-25-2020, 03:23 PM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

This is where it stops. If I press a key it ends and it doesnt have any of the files stated in the basic server setup steps.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:55 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Do you have Discord i will help you there if need help?
Old 03-25-2020, 04:52 PM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

yes i have discord
Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 PM
Tylerblackford23
Fire Beetle

To Avoid creating a second thread with the exact same issue: I'd really appreciate some help, but I don't want to join a Discord server or contact anons on Discord just to set up a personal server, and help with this exact issue is information I've been looking several hours for to no avail, and I'm sure others are or will have the same problem.

Can anyone post the solution to this issue here on the forums, please?
Old 03-25-2020, 10:32 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerblackford23 View Post
I'd really appreciate some help, but I don't want to join a Discord server
Even though these forums are still being used, the Emu Discord server is becoming the mainstream support for this project. More often, than not, it's also a place where support questions will be replied to a little faster than here. Takes me awhile to adapt to things always evolving, but It's not so intimidating as some think it is

Emu server: https://discord.gg/QHsm7CD
(Using discord app/software is easier than using a browser)
Old 03-25-2020, 10:37 PM
Tylerblackford23
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Even though these forums are still being used, the Emu Discord server is becoming the mainstream support for this project. More often, than not, it's also a place where support questions will be replied to a little faster than here. Takes me awhile to adapt to things always evolving, but It's not so intimidating as some think it is

Emu server: https://discord.gg/QHsm7CD
(Using discord app/software is easier than using a browser)
I have Discord, I'm simply not a fan of signing up for a ton of different channels and conversations on it, especially when I don't intend to see very much use for them. My goal is to set up a private LAN server for my own individual use, so joining the Discord would be solely for support question purposes like this one, and I'd rather not join an entire server for that. And if someone does know the answer to this issue, I have no reason to give them my Discord contact information just to get that answer when they could post it here. It's not about fear or reluctance of "new" or "evolving" things, I just don't wanna join servers I'm not going to be hardly ever using, or give out contact information to random people to solve a technical issue.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:52 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerblackford23 View Post
I just don't wanna join servers I'm not going to be hardly ever using
Oh I understand, I would agree with you on that, especially if you anticipate not needing any further support, after the easy part of getting it up and running, it makes sense.

Sometimes errors can have an overwhelming number of different causes. I know some have experienced that same issue you're having, but all they did, (after it ended), was simply run the install again right away and it went through, but as I mentioned, not everyone will have the same cause to the same problem.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

If you want help PM you discord name and LOL to person says dont trust ANONS i helped quiet a few setup servers and i am on EMU discord channel etc. I understand worried people mess up machine etc and i respect being cautious but way you posted you seem not want anyone help the one did.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:22 AM
FrygtMig
Fire Beetle

Will be getting ahold of you later Fievel, is discord name same as this? if not just let me know what it is when you can reply. Thanks for the time!
Old 03-26-2020, 02:04 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

@FrygtMig by the looks of this line, you posted: 'world' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. The installer is "possibly" being prevented from downloading server files ? Could be various reasons. (admin permissions, blocked ports, etc.)

Myself, I have a cable modem the ISP provides (can't use anything but theirs), and the built in (firmware) firewall in that modem doesn't let me run the updates from script unless I login to it and temporarily disable that. Each scenario can be different for everyone.

Tags
server setup